Brake Stands/Power BRakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Stands/Power BRakes

Ive done some serious brunouts before and was wondering if this can cause seriosu problems on your car. Im sure its not good for it, but is it really bad? If so what can it do? My car is stock and i was wondering if the tranny problems im having are from the brake stands.
    -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Originally posted by lt14mla
    Ive done some serious brunouts before and was wondering if this can cause seriosu problems on your car. Im sure its not good for it, but is it really bad? If so what can it do? My car is stock and i was wondering if the tranny problems im having are from the brake stands.
    Does a shark piss in the ocean?

Comment

Obviously, when doing this you're putting extra strain on drivetrain parts like the tranny and rear end. This will lead to premature failure. Besides, you shouldn't need to do a breakstand to do a good burnout, just stomp on the gas!

When I was young, stupid and didn't know any better I had a 2.8 V6 bird. I was showing off and revved it up nice and high in neutral, then dropped it into drive. It blew a hole in the muffler about the size of a potato, from the backpressure I assume. I was lucky that was the only thing that broke!
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

as long as the tires are spinning your rear end won't go it's when you hook.
        Black 95 z28, 60k miles, 10 spoke SS rims, k&n cai, flowmaster,hypertech 3, 3.42's, running 13.8@ 101 with slicks

Comment

I didn't say it would kill the rear, I said it would cause premature wear.

And what if you do a breakstand and hook?
          Dave M
          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

you guys ever put a drivetrain on a dyno with no airflow to cool it? It heats up pretty rapidly- long enough will boil the fluid. I personally destroyed an explorer diff about 6 months ago with only 250 ft-lbs dyno input for ~ 3 min. Think about what 350+ lb-ft will do to it with a much smaller ring gear.

Comment

Working...
            X