Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vents not working !

Hello guys:

Well this problem isn't on my camaro,but it's on my 1995 chevy 1500 4x4 extended cab. The climate control works,the fan speeds work just not the knob with the different functions on it. I only get airflow out of the floor vents. I pulled the heater/ac control out of the dash and it is all electrical in that area, no vacuum. However, there is a little blue box on the chip board that the turning part of the knob goes into. I'm thinking maybe there is a little gear inside that box that maybe stripped and not catching. It's $140.00 from the dealer and impossible to find at a salvage yard cause only a 1995 one will work (crazy). I am interested in knowing if any of you guys have heard of this part going bad. Oh yeah, we also blew air into all the vents, so there is no plugging in them. Thanks in advance guys !!!

Ron
    Black on black 1995 base t-top camaro with a 3.4L

well, I also have a 95 Chevy 1500 4x4 ex-cab. I have had mine do this 3-4 times now. It's a defect in Chevy's design, I think. Acoording to Chevy all you can do is replace it.
    Richard Harvey Jr.
    '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

Working...
    X