Lou's Short Stick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lou's Short Stick

Just installed Lou's Short stick on my car - WOW what a difference. I have the factory Hurst shifter so I thought all was well. Someone suggested this mod and said it was a must have. They were right - I should have done this long ago. Best $40 I have spent in a while. Although $40 seems pretty steep for what comes in the mail - then agaion there is all of that "engineering" to pay for

Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Now attach that to a Pro 5.0 shifter base and you wont miss third anymore!
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

I never miss 3rd... it's 4th that gives me headaches
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
        Now attach that to a Pro 5.0 shifter base and you wont miss third anymore!
        i got one of the first short sticks made. in 98. you wont miss third because the stick eliminates the rubber boot that the factory stick mounts in. thats the reason most miss third.. it allows flex when slamming up into third. i kept the slp hurst in the car untill the day i sold it. never had a prob.

dont need no pro 5.0 mustang named shifter

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
          I never miss 3rd... it's 4th that gives me headaches

I agree totally...4th gear drives me nuts when I'm racin'. I've missed it BAD on three occassions...enough that I thought I broke something. (third gear to second...not good!) It's getting to the point where I'm afraid to race (LOL).
          Al 96 Ram Air T/A
          Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

My Purple Pearl car has a 01 Hurst shifter, and I've been considering doing the short stick on that. How much does it shorten/quicken the throws??
            Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
              I agree totally...4th gear drives me nuts when I'm racin'. I've missed it BAD on three occassions...enough that I thought I broke something. (third gear to second...not good!) It's getting to the point where I'm afraid to race (LOL).

You probably bent some pushrods if you put it into 2nd.

Unless LT1 pushrods are stronger than LS1 pushrods...

I know that is what happened to me, and it was costing me about 30-40 HP until I had them replaced.
              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I am still getting used to it but I like it a lot. The stock Hurst shifter is mounted in a rubber bushing - the new shifter eliminates that. That's what gives it a "rubbery" feel. The shifter now feels like a ratchet - very positive throws. I have heard that adding the Pro 5.0 shifter is the next step but I really like it as is for now. It was a cheap mod that came highly recommended.
                Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                  You probably bent some pushrods if you put it into 2nd.

Unless LT1 pushrods are stronger than LS1 pushrods...

I know that is what happened to me, and it was costing me about 30-40 HP until I had them replaced.
                  I missed third, going back into 1st at about 80 mph with the nitrous flowing. THe motor didnt even wince, but I shattered the clutch right through the bellhousing. Oops
                  96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                  11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
                  X