• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Wreckage

More Accidents...

4 injured in Dallas street racing accident

11:57 AM CDT on Thursday, July 1, 2004

From Staff Reports

A racing accident Wednesday night in Northwest Dallas left four people critically injured, including a 2-month-old child, police said.

Robert Flagg / WFAA-TV
    The Trans Am (top) crashed into the Town Car at Park Lane and Webb Chapel Road Wednesday night. The accident occurred in the 9800 block of Webb Chapel Road about 10 p.m.

Police said a white Trans Am and another vehicle were racing each other when the Trans Am hit a Lincoln Town Car traveling westbound on Park Lane.

The driver of the Trans Am, Christopher Soliva, 27, was transported to Parkland Memorial Hospital with a broken hand, police said. The driver of the Lincoln Town Car, Juan Bazalbua, 25, and a passenger Mario Vallalobos, 25, were transported to Parkland in critical condition. Also, a 2-month-old child inside the Lincoln was taken to Children’s Medical Center in critical condition, police said.

The driver of the other, unidentified car drove away from the scene of the accident.

Soliva was arrested at the scene and faces felony charges of racing and causing serious bodily injury, said Sgt. M.R. Meldrum of the Vehicle Crimes Squad.

Bazalbua was arrested on a charge of driving while intoxicated and could face charges of two counts of intoxication assault, police said.

NBM '02 Z, SLP Lid, Corsa Cat-Back
    (SOLD 07/03/2004)

Just another reason not to race on the street the other driver was drunk you just never know what the other car will do. I have no symtathy for anyone but the baby. Its the only innocent one here
    1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
    1 of 463
    LT4 knock module
    D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
    strut tower brace
    SLP fan switch
    160* t/stat
    Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
    DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

The driver of the T/A is screwed if the anyone dies from their injuries, especially a 2 year old child. The other driver is an idiot for being intoxicated with his family in the car. I don't know who to be more mad at, the T/A driver or the Lincoln Town car driver
      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

I just don't see why people don't understand that street racing with others on the road is ridiculous. ...racing on city streets or neighborhoods is completely unpredictable. ...never know when another car, person, or child will come out. ...just plane stupid.

Both the driver in the TA and the drunk driver should never have the privilege of a licence again. Too bad they didn't catch the other *** in the racing contest.
        '77 K5 rock-crawler project
        '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
        '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
        '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
        '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
        My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
        X