• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Bill Cosby is at it again.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ts_4&printer=1
    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

The truth hurts some time.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I agree. That's probably one of the smartest things I have heard him say.
      But his statements shouldn't be reserved just for the black community. I think the disrespect in the youth of today is pretty much throughout the country- regardless of race.

Randy
      99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
      93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

I completely agree with him, and that it can be seen as a blanket statement for the younger generation. There is a book that is right along the same lines as Cosby's statements called "10 Things You Can't Say In America." It is by a black author who would probably back 'ol Bill on all of what he said. A very interesting read.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Hay now...

I am 19 and me and some other people at my high school of the time (I am in college now), but we were nice and polite, well behaved and good natured basically... So this doesn't apply to every teen, but yes the majority of teens are disrespectful and can act really violently...

Out of about 400-500 students at my high school only about 30-50 act polite and well behaved of that number, almost all of them were on the principles list (straight As), a honor roll(A average with a few Bs), ab honor roll(B average with A's and B's). Me now I am on the deans list which is the same thing as principles list and at the time I was on the AB honor roll...
          Thanks
          MaraSport

Comment

I didn't mean for that to sound like a generalization. I am also a youth (26) to some extent.

I don't mean to imply that all young people are that way, there is just this attitude among most young people that "I can do whatever I want, and there will be no consequences".

But it is good to see the ones that are out there that don't act that way, and realize that there are always consequences.

I am sure you knew that already, but I just wanted to clarify my statements.

Randy
            99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
            93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

Back in the days when Child Protective Services(CPS) wasn't breathing down your neck every time you spanked your child with a belt, kids were much more obedient and respectful of others.

Back in the days when if someone deserved it, you gave them a right cross, there was alot less crime and overall disregard for others dignity and respect.

There is also many, many more single parents (specifically mothers) raising their children all by themselves. While some manage, the vast majority of single parents just don't have the time nor the resources to properly raise and teach their children to be respectful and courteous.

The majority of marriages here in the good ole USA end in divorce within the 1st year of being married.

Times are a changin'!

Comment

I can't tell you how many times i've been called "white boy". A couple of times it was by white kids too! Look at these damn kids that walk around trying to act like thier from the ghetto or they're thugs or something. They even walk with a limp just like.....well, i don't exactly know what the hell they're trying to copy with that one. They say things like, "Yo, that's mad hot!". What the hell, that doesn't even make sense!!!!!! Then they're all proud that they drink and smoke pot. And the bigger the wing is on their civic signifies how much more of a thug they are. To agree with fastTA, people SUCK at raising kids. Their kids will be knocking things over, cursing, running around screaming, one kid a few days ago was kicking something into the air over and over again and yet, their parents don't say anything. If anything, they think it's cute. I get so tempted to choke these kids until their eyes bleed that it isn't even funny. This one girl comes in with her father sometimes and screams, punches and kicks him. He always replieswith "She's just having a bad day" to the crowds of people staring at him. SMACK YOUR DAMN KIDS!!!
                Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                SOLD- Kinda miss it
                94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                SOLD- Good riddance!
                2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by MaraSport
                  Hay now...

Me now I am on the deans list which is the same thing as principles list and at the time I was on the AB honor roll...
                  You shouldn't be allowed on the PRINCIPAL's list if can't spell it......

Let me guess, English is not your forte

Just bustin your chops.....
                  96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                  11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

very well put. to the point.

folks....ive been with the U.S. Govt since 1975.....and spent 4 years in the Air Force before that.... lived all over the world. yup.....and im 57 years old. and he speaks the truth in my opinion. ive lived with all kinds of people.... in fact..in Hawaii..which is my home of record, there was time when i was the only cauc. kid on the block..... life had taught me one thing...its the individual and NOT the race... but some races have more individuals... they just need to crack down on them.

peace.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                      You shouldn't be allowed on the PRINCIPAL's list if can't spell it......
                      It's spelled with a PAL because he's your pal!! That's how I was always taught to remember it.
                      Dave M
                      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

let me tell ya, im 16, and i was beat with a belt, and my kids will too. im disrespectful at times i know, and my mom still pops me in the mouth and she has every right too. my cousins were never beaten and they are all druggys and drunks. INCLUDING THE 13 YR. OLD, and she has been doing marijuana for 5 years.

hawaii stinks now. the japanese and hawaiians hate the "americans" but they are considered to be americans too. they no longer want to be part of the U.S. and want the military OUT. i was out there in 99 for a over sea's assignment, dad is AF, and my friends had to go to private schools, or walk with fellow "americans" in case they got jumped. it sucked out there for real. in the mall they would glare and be all kinds of rude, even the 4 yr olds gave ya dirty looks. One good thing about that place was the surfers!! SWEET.

and ya'lls white kids black kids thing, there are white kids callin white kids ni**ers, and black kids callin black kids crackers, or ni**ers. i get called a ni**er ALL the time, i let it roll of my shoulder or i might be in jail for a while for beatin people up, even an older man. he almost ran into me with his beater up, and called me a ni**er and im white, yeah ni**er means ignorant, but i wasnt ignorant, i knew what was going on completely, and he was white too. WTH.. oh well thats why DELAWARE SUX!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X