New Towing setup...w/in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Towing setup...w/in

Well I finally got my car tuned, towed it to PA and thought I that I would share some pics of the setup.

I got the 04 Hemi Sport about 2 or 3 weeks ago and it handled/towed beautifully! I was very surprised at its performance while towing, I honestly thought I should have gotten the turbo diesel, but was told by many people it was unceccessary and the Hemi would be just fine...they were right!

Here is the pic:

Had a great time and really enjoy the fact that I don't have to worry so much about breaking the car...now I just gotta save up and get a nice trailer!

KnightFire
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Beautiful truck. The advantage of the diesel when towing is the torque and fuel economy. I still want the Hemi
    Kbddsfc,B&M Ripper,Ws6 Rims,Hotchkiss Stb,Bmr Lca,Gwphr,Strange 4:10's,LPEds,Borla,AS&M Headers,RT cat,Powerslot rotors,Hawk Pads R/Pf pads Fr,Mba shift knob,Slp Hood&Airbox,Holley Powershot filter,Fernco mod, Lt4km,Firebat decals,T/A Girdle,HPP.160stat,Bilstein shocks,Z06 Brakes,AFS ZR1's,GSD3's.

Comment

SWEEEEET . Sick car, awsome truck... pretty sweet! I especially like the new style of the Dodge Rams & ITS GOT A HEMI!!
      99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

That is a real nice setup. The red/red theme is a good touch! You were right to get the engine you wanted.... when you think about it, unless you are a complete drag-strip fanatic, and tow long distance every weekend, you should buy the truck for "daily driving", not for the occasional tow.

Good luck.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
          That is a real nice setup. The red/red theme is a good touch! You were right to get the engine you wanted.... when you think about it, unless you are a complete drag-strip fanatic, and tow long distance every weekend, you should buy the truck for "daily driving", not for the occasional tow.

Good luck.
          not only that, but i personally can't stand the sound that diesel engines make....they're great for torque and fuel economy, but if i was given a diesel engine, i'd trade it in on a different vehicle

nice truck, knight

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
          CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Nice!

I would have to drop the front a little though.

I drool every time I see one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
              Nice!

I would have to drop the front a little though.

I drool every time I see one of those.
              LOL, I'm sure the front is lifted a little because of the extra 5500 lbs sitting on the rear, hahaha.

Thanks for the kudos everyone! I'm pretty pleased with the setup, now if I could only afford a NICE trailer...the one I want is like 3500.00

BTW the Hemi is stock...FOR NOW, I have a CAI, exhaust and a few other little things in mind for it...to help it tow better of course, LOL.

KnightFire
              1993 Formula Firebird
              Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by KnightFire
                LOL, I'm sure the front is lifted a little because of the extra 5500 lbs sitting on the rear, hahaha.

Thanks for the kudos everyone! I'm pretty pleased with the setup, now if I could only afford a NICE trailer...the one I want is like 3500.00

BTW the Hemi is stock...FOR NOW, I have a CAI, exhaust and a few other little things in mind for it...to help it tow better of course, LOL.

KnightFire
                yeah, to help it tow itself down the track?

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
                CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Working...
                X