read this....or ill kick ur booty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• read this....or ill kick ur booty

this is from a good friend of mine at couple of other f body forums. i could not have said it better....so i want to post it here:

posted 03 July, 2004 05:01 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ...we keep hearing over and over again how Al Quada wants to hit this country big time before the upcoming Presidential election, and what would be more symbolic than hitting us on Independence Day. I honestly believe that our best defense against the terrorists are you and me, the everyday folks who are out there everywhere all the time. The authorities can only do so much, they can't be everywhere all the time, and they are really concentrating their efforts on the largest and most obvious targets. The terrorists don't need to hit big targets to cause mass panic and chaos...a lot of small targets would accomplish the same results. A lot of terrorist plots have been exposed by ordinary people going about their everyday lives, and just noticing something that just doesn't seem right. I honestly don't believe we will ever win the war against terrorism, more and more are joining their ranks with each passing day...but I do believe we can gain the upper hand, at least in this country, and that's with every adult in this country assuming some of the respoonsibility to keep this country safe and secure for the generations to come. I'm ready to do my part, for sure...how about you?

...of course the other half of this message is for eveyone to have a great time but above all to be safe tomorrow...you know the drill, using designated drivers, being smart around fireworks, watch the kids arouind water, and if you're out on the water, observing safe boating rules and regs, and using common sense. I ran on a call last weekend where a 35 year old woman was trying to push a boat off a sandbar, slipped and fell into the rotating prop. She ended up losing one arm and the thumb on the other hand, and suffering a severe chest injury...she came very close to losing her life. Her and her family's life will never again be the same, and the sad part is that it was a totally preventable accident. Always think about safety and use common sense...you don't always get another chance.

OK, off the soapbox now, have a really great and safe Independence Day y'all...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY USA!!!

[--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Very well put. But I'm a soldier, so does that mean I can get out of the Army now?! I've thought the same things as he said.
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
    Traded in: 1998 Z28
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

I totally aggree with you. If everyone keeps up there normal lives and doesn't stop the little things, then we are winning, not them. They want us to be "terrified" of them and that something will happen. Well, if they try something in my city, they need to be terrified!
      00 Z28, M6 T-Tops

SLP Intake and Flowmaster Exhaust

Comment

You're quite right, of course. But the citizenry ends up shouldering an extra burden because our law enforcement folks have their attention diverted to looking for HOV violators and people using cell phones in their cars.

What nonsense!
        R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Well said... dont forget to drive the speed limit!! The police are going to be out... i got caught last year.

-- Its only one day, u can do it... promise!!
          99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Security cannot be left to the government - it is our individual responsibility

Happy 4th to one and all.

We cannot expect the Government to be everywhere at all times and always protect us from harm. We cannot affort that. We do not want that. It is time for each and everyone to assume a goodly portion of the security responsibility on a personal basis. That will come as a shock to the more liberal thinking crowd but it leads one to another conclusion as well.

If we want security, somebody is going to have to do the work. Somebody is going to have to give up some of their life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness in order for that to happen. Freedom is not free. I have long supported the mission with words and now one of our family members is going to give up a part of his life to protect his family. About 100 members of his local Marine reserve group are going to Iraq until sometime next year. To a man, each believes it to be necessary. To a man, each is ready to do his duty, no matter what the cost. So to them and all those already there, those going and those going later on, I say Oohrah and Godspeed.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by xxRillixx
              Well said... dont forget to drive the speed limit!! The police are going to be out... i got caught last year.

-- Its only one day, u can do it... promise!!
              around here, the cops have been out in force for the past 3 days, and will likely be out until the 5th or 6th....the other day when i went home for lunch, this one cop had someone pulled over on the way home, and then another person when i was heading back to work.....and this was after midnight when there was no one on the roads.

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
              CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Originally posted by Roger in Kensington
                You're quite right, of course. But the citizenry ends up shouldering an extra burden because our law enforcement folks have their attention diverted to looking for HOV violators and people using cell phones in their cars.

What nonsense!
                as they should!!!!!! kill em all!!!!! string em up!!!!!!!!! cut off thier toes!!!!!!!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                X