Had my Ram Air hood stolen...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had my Ram Air hood stolen...

Yup, that's right, some [deleted by Moderator] ripped off my hood last week. Never heard a thing and they took the hood along with the air cleaner assembly. Unplugged everything nicely and took all the hardware too. Pro's I'm sure. Just glad they didn't destroy the car in the process. Anyway, insurance came by today and settled the claim. Having a new hood installed as we speak. It's a wierd feeling having something stolen; especially from a car I love this much. Just glad they didn't try taking the whole car...

BTW, haven't been on this board since it changed; nice look to it Just saying hi

Cheers,
    Steve
    SOLD: 1993 M6 Trans Am, black with ZR1 rims, Borla cat-back, Random Tech cat, SLP headers and Y, Morosso CAI

Anybody want to buy a RamAir hood Cheap?

Just kidding. Do you have an alarm system? I have a proximity sensor that goes off if you even walk next to my car. I have had no problems so far (knocking on fiberglass).

Bob

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Do now!

I didn't but I do now. I'm having it installed as soon as I get the TA back. Hope it keeps the thieves at bay...

Cheers,
      Steve
      SOLD: 1993 M6 Trans Am, black with ZR1 rims, Borla cat-back, Random Tech cat, SLP headers and Y, Morosso CAI

Comment

How?

How did they get the hood off the car without bustin a window! I know the feeling , some A hole keyed my car to the tune of $1900. Insurance paid most.
        96TA

Comment

Do you remember the shaker hood scoop on the late 70's T/A's their were alot of them stolen in the 80's

Comment

am sorry about your hood!

at least you and your family are fine.
            those mdfkr guys are professionals or someone who knows you very well.

take care!!

Comment

It sounds like a shade tree mechanic (and friend) that looked at the prices on SLP or Sun Coast Creations, and then decided it was time for a five finger discount with somebody else's hood and air box. I am sorry that it happened to you. At least they didn't help themselves to any of the engine parts, interior, etc. It was probably the owner of the same model & color as your car. Since they unplugged everything instead of using snips, they appreciate your car. Professionals couldn't care less, and they would cut quickly around everything that they needed.
              '77 K5 rock-crawler project
              '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
              '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
              '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
              '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
              My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I know, I was happy that at least the car wasn't damaged further. And now that insurance has left me hanging, I'm a little pissed, but whatever. As to how they got to the hood, who knows. Could have slim-jimmed the door (no alarm....I know) or slid something under the hood to pop the latch. Either way, an alarm would have helped. Could have at least heard it and popped a few rounds. I suspect they tested the car before that several times to see if it was secure. It wasn't and the rest is history... Will be now though, more ways than one....

Actually, the claims agent was nice enough to give me a lead to 6 wrecker Ram Air hoods in great shape. Not sure if I want it again though. May buy the ASCD Big Block hood instead.

Cheers,
                Steve

Comment

i notice your post has been edited by one of our best mod's.

im sure you are aware we dont use curse words here.

this board is "family friendly" to the best intent possible.

thanks.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Sorry about that...

Sorry everyone, my mistake. Don't know what word it was exactly but I was just p'd off at the time of writing it and got carried away I guess. Won't happen again.

Cheers,
                    Steve

Comment

This is how you curse the right way #@@^@@$%%%#^#^*(^)(^))(*&%$@$$#$^*(&)(&)&)&)^%%^^$

Stealth Performance
                      www.stealthperf.com
                      (503)531-3170
                      (leave message)
                      E-Mail:
                      sales@stealthperf.com

Comment

Its terrible that people have to do things like that. It is so disrespectful.
                        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

War Bird Hood

I saw this on Ebay. I like it

Made by U.S. Exotics LTD

Here is the ebay link if you are interested

Ebay Auction

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

warbird

I saw that warbird hood too its awesome but not functional!!!!! too bad because i really liked the one that they had for the camaro....

Comment

Working...
                            X