power window problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power window problem

I replaced the power window motor on the driver's side and it works but sometimes if I leave it down it won't go up. I can here the motor click like it wants to go but it won't. I have to shut the door while trying to close it. It's like it's bottomed out and needs to be jarred to start it. Otherwise I can roll it up and down all the way no problem. I wonder if it is going too far down and it's being jarred down while driving and binding?? How does it know when to stop? Is there a way to get it to stop a little sooner when I run it down?
    TIA
    Skip
    95Z,A4 (w/TCI trans control unit), P&P LT1heads,Edelbrock shorties, CC233/242-.569/.576 114*LSA cam Crane 1.6 RR,LT1_editted. Ford 30#SVO's Vigi 3200 converter and a 150 shot of nitrous

I had the same problem, the mounting bolts were loose. Well one was missing, one was loose and the 3rd when I touched it, it fell out. I'd try taking it apart and see if thats it. Tighten them up again.
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
    Traded in: 1998 Z28
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

My passenger window randomly stops working. If I let it sit for a few minutes it continues working again...its really slowwwww too....any suggestions...I hate window motors in the F-Bods
      -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
      98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
      98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
      94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro4-2
        My passenger window randomly stops working. If I let it sit for a few minutes it continues working again...its really slowwwww too....any suggestions...I hate window motors in the F-Bods
        That's how mine acted before I replced the motor. Shoebox has an Excellent write up on how to swap out the motor.Mine works okay it just doesn't want to go up after it's been down all the way for a while.???
        95Z,A4 (w/TCI trans control unit), P&P LT1heads,Edelbrock shorties, CC233/242-.569/.576 114*LSA cam Crane 1.6 RR,LT1_editted. Ford 30#SVO's Vigi 3200 converter and a 150 shot of nitrous

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan Skip
          That's how mine acted before I replced the motor. Shoebox has an Excellent write up on how to swap out the motor.Mine works okay it just doesn't want to go up after it's been down all the way for a while.???
          wait what? is this after you swapped your motor?
          -Rico

98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD

Comment

I have had at least 4 PW motors in my 1995 camaro. Just recently the passenger started slowing down again. I bought a rebuilt from o'reillys and removed my old one and put the new one in and I guess what still slow as ever.
            The old one had as much torque if not more than the new one which means there must be issues with the window tracks and mechanics.
            I sprayed some lithium grease on the tracks and rubbed it in good and now the windows works much better.
            It still seems as if thought the window is much to heavy for the motor cause ive seen brand new camaros whose windows go up with very little oomph.
            Ive began to wonder if the recoil spring that assists the window in going up starts to get weak due to wear and tear.
            I am convinced that most peoples problems are not the motors but the tracks, ive seen my shut down, go slow and everything else.
            1995 Z28 Convertible, 350ci LT1 73K miles M6.
            Dyno results: 301.5 RWHP 326.7 RWTQ
            Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

Comment

Originally posted by wrd1972
              I have had at least 4 PW motors in my 1995 camaro. Just recently the passenger started slowing down again. I bought a rebuilt from o'reillys and removed my old one and put the new one in and I guess what still slow as ever.
              The old one had as much torque if not more than the new one which means there must be issues with the window tracks and mechanics.
              I sprayed some lithium grease on the tracks and rubbed it in good and now the windows works much better.
              It still seems as if thought the window is much to heavy for the motor cause ive seen brand new camaros whose windows go up with very little oomph.
              Ive began to wonder if the recoil spring that assists the window in going up starts to get weak due to wear and tear.
              I am convinced that most peoples problems are not the motors but the tracks, ive seen my shut down, go slow and everything else.

Manual roll-up windows for all!!
              -Rico

Comment

Working...
              X