Double Cigarette lighter socket mod..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Cigarette lighter socket mod..

I have a radar detector, and also just hooked up my Ipaq with a GPS system..

I went to radio shack and bought an adaptor to plug into the socket and make two sockets. That was big and bulky, and looked like crap.

So, I busted out the dremel! I noticed that where the socket was looked like it had plenty of room to just put another socket underneath, and it did.

Behold, the double cigarette lighter socket mod!

99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

I thought about doing that. I opted to use a "RAM Mount" http://www.rammount.com/ and direct wire it to the fuse panel. http://www.claire-marie.net/103_0375.JPG . I ran the wire under the dash pad/cover. I thought they would shake but they don't.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

thats so cool dude. great work.
      00 Z28, M6 T-Tops

SLP Intake and Flowmaster Exhaust

Comment

Looks good... i was thinking of doing something similar, how did you run the wires? Were you able to tap into the existing sockets power & ground, or did you have to run wires?
        99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Originally posted by xxRillixx
          Looks good... i was thinking of doing something similar, how did you run the wires? Were you able to tap into the existing sockets power & ground, or did you have to run wires?
          I just soldered two wires coming off the original socket. One from the can, and one from the middle pin. For the extra socket, I cut up the double one that I bought from radio shack.

Doesn't match perfectly, but functions perfectly, and that's all that matters to me!
          99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Working...
          X