Problems with Racenet Performance?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Racenet Performance?

hey guys, has anyone here ever had problems with Racenet Performance's delivery times? i ordered a skip shift eliminator on June 26 just after 1pm CST, and i got an email saying that my order was received and accepted by the system & would be processed immediately.....

but here it is, July 5 and no email with a tracking #, no SSE, and i've tried to call them twice, once today and once Thursday or Friday (during business hours), and no one answered the phone either time.

the part about them not answering the phone may be understandable today, and if it was Friday that i called, as they may have shut down for the holidays....however, they had 4 full business days before Friday to get the order processed and shipped, and an email with a tracking # mailed to me.....

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
    CAGS Eliminator

I know some of the guys affiliated with Racenet as they are only about 2 hours away. I don't mean to make excuses for them, but they are receiving an astronomical amount of internet orders right now. Believe it or not this is just a few guys who started a small business and it has grown tremendously in the last couple of years.

They are a little overwhelmed right now but trust me, you will get your order.

Comment

ok, i was just kinda worried, cause i've been burned by other online retailers before, and i really didn't feel like having to jump through a bunch of hoops to either get my merchandise or a refund.

i guess i'll just patiently wait for my order to come in, but this damn skip shift thing is driving me absolutely nuts (not to mention a little gas mileage, because i would rather rev it higher in 1st than shift into 4th).

CAGS Eliminator

Comment

I'm having a problem with them also.... I ordered a Hurst shifter knob from them on June 13th and haven't recieved it yet. I called last week and they said it was in but it's a no show so far.....

Hope your right, fastTA; I'm gettin ansey!
        97' SS #497 1 of 50 White Hardtop M6,stock TB reworked to 52mm,SLP CC shorties, Random Tech DC Y-pipe, LT4KM, Taylor Spiro's and NGK's, BMR Adj Lcr's, TA, Boxed SFC's, Adj PHR, Floorpan brace w/ driveshaft loop, STB, GM 4:10'S, 1LE alum DS, Eibach 35mm front swaybar and Pro-Kit Springs, Bilstein HD's, Lou's speed stick with Hurst ball,LS1 front brakes, Earl's lines, Hawk Pads, BMR relocation brackets.

Comment

Is the skip shift thing really that bad? The Viper has it too but my pops usually just waits a second or two or revs a bit and it lets him go to second with no problem.
          Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
          SOLD- Kinda miss it
          94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
          SOLD- Good riddance!
          2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

yeah, it is when you have as many dumbass idiot drivers as you do in College Station....aggie drivers are some of the worst i've ever seen

they either pull out in front of you, go about 10 MPH under the speed limit, or go the same speed as a cop who's driving under the limit (like a cop that's going 40 in a 45 or 50, they WILL NOT go faster than the cop....

ok, that last point goes for people pretty much anywhere, but i really hate the stupid drivers in this town...a bunch of damn college kids that think they know how to drive, but really don't

i guarantee you i could get a lot better insurance rate if i moved to another city instead of this town, that's how bad these idiots are

CAGS Eliminator

Comment

skipshift

ok this is going to sound stupid, as you know i just bought a z28 about 2 weeks ago. i have a skip shift elimiator or "cags" eliminator what EXACTLY does that do an what does cags stand for. whenever i shift out of first my skip shift light goes on then off at about 2500rpm. thanks

-chris

Comment

Chris, CAGS stands for computer assisted gear selection. I don't have an M6, but I'm pretty sure under normal acceleration it keeps you from rowing through the gears like a normal manual and it forces you to go from 1st to 4th. As for Racenet, I've ordered from them before and I've always gotten my stuff, but I haven't ordered from them in a while.
                1997 T/A A4 - 3.23's, SLP 2800 stall, JBA headers, Hooker catback, Borla Y-pipe, SLP CAI, Ported and descreened MAF, LT4 KM, 160 thermo, HPP+, TB bypass, SFC's, STB, 17X9.5 AR Torque Thrust II's, BFG KDW

Comment

as stated, it Computer Assisted Gear Selection, and it forces you to shift from 1st to 4th under light throttle to help save gas. I believe GM installed this "feature" to keep the cars from being hit with the gas guzzler tax.
                  Dave M
                  Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

well, just got through talking to a guy at Racenet, after letting the phone ring until it stopped ringing about 6 or 7 times....they said that it shipped USPS yesterday. so hopefully it will be here today or tomorrow.

but i'll tell you one thing, this is the first time i've ordered from them, and will probably be my last.

it's ridiculous that it takes 2 full work weeks to ship a simple CAGS eliminator, and even more ridiculous that they won't answer the phone unless you keep letting it ring off the hook....

i could understand if they were backordered or something, but if that was the case, a simple email would have put my mind at ease.

CAGS Eliminator

Comment

ok, these people are starting to piss me off now....

i called them tuesday, and they said they mailed it out on monday, meaning to get here from Houston should only take 1 - 2 days....well, still no SSE....if they don't get their s**t together, i'm gonna tell them to just refund my money and i'll take my business elsewhere....

CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Took them almost a month to ship my shifter knob; and I had the same phone problems as you. I won't be placing another order with them.
                        97' SS #497 1 of 50 White Hardtop M6,stock TB reworked to 52mm,SLP CC shorties, Random Tech DC Y-pipe, LT4KM, Taylor Spiro's and NGK's, BMR Adj Lcr's, TA, Boxed SFC's, Adj PHR, Floorpan brace w/ driveshaft loop, STB, GM 4:10'S, 1LE alum DS, Eibach 35mm front swaybar and Pro-Kit Springs, Bilstein HD's, Lou's speed stick with Hurst ball,LS1 front brakes, Earl's lines, Hawk Pads, BMR relocation brackets.

Comment

Working...
                        X