Trouble starting the T/A............

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble starting the T/A............

I have been having trouble starting my 97 Trans Am lately. The other day when i got off work I went out to start it, stuck the key in, turned it, and nothing......the radio works, everything works but it wouldnt even click....
    After ten minutes of that i tried again and it started..............The same thing happened today before work.....but it eventually started again.....is it the chip in the key?? Please help!
    Thanks
    Jason

You know IU have the same propblem with my 97! most of the time it starts right up and then the next time put the key in and everything has juice but wont start. Give it a couple min and it starts right up.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Does the security lite come on? If so, its either the contacts in the lock cylinder that connect to the resistor puck on your key, or the vats module that takes the keys resistor reading and engages the starter circut.

Check the archive for the fix from last week or so. I bought a resistor at Radio Shack and eliminated the cylinder contact point of problems.
      The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

Working...
      X