Keyless Entry Problems.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyless Entry Problems.....

Hey guys, as the car gets older, the problems start pourin in. Im having trouble with my remote keyless entry. I got a new battery but it didnt help. It used to be Id have to press the button really hard and kinda tricky to get it to work. Now it doesnt work at all. What could it be and how much to fix it? Also the power antenna doesnt go up and down. The motor runs, but it doesnt move it up or down. So i unplugged it and the antenna stays up all the time. Whats the problem here? Thanks guys!

My keyless entry fobs did the same thing. I had to open them up and clean the contacts. they work fine now.

Comment

Mine did it too. Instead of trying to fix it, I went with an alarm system. The range of the stock one was about 20 feet. My alarm one is about 200 feet. It has extra channels on it too so I hooked one to the power trunk, and one to the headlights. I can hit the button and the lights come on. Great for a dark night. I have a third one which I may hook to the power windows. The manufacturer has a smart window module that senses current drain for when the window is all the was up to shut the motor off. That will be nice for when I take the tops out. I can turn off the car, open the trunk, put the T-tops back in, and hit eh button to roll up the windows rather than getting back in and turning the ignition on just to roll up the windows. Isn't technology great. LOL
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
        My keyless entry fobs did the same thing. I had to open them up and clean the contacts. they work fine now.
        What do you mean by clean the contacts? With what did you use?

Comment

To clean the contacts all you need is something to "scour" them good. Best way might be to rub steel wool against the contact, in a pinch you could also try the edge of a coin.

Also, have you tried standing next to the car and holding down the Lock and Unlick buttons for 15 seconds? That works for me when I have problems.

The stock system can be finicky. I have more problems with mine when it gets cold outside for some reason.
          Joe K.
          '11 BMW 328i
          '10 Matrix S AWD
          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I have always used a pencil eraser.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Yup, used the pencil eraser too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                Mine did it too. Instead of trying to fix it, I went with an alarm system. The range of the stock one was about 20 feet. My alarm one is about 200 feet. It has extra channels on it too so I hooked one to the power trunk, and one to the headlights. I can hit the button and the lights come on. Great for a dark night. I have a third one which I may hook to the power windows. The manufacturer has a smart window module that senses current drain for when the window is all the was up to shut the motor off. That will be nice for when I take the tops out. I can turn off the car, open the trunk, put the T-tops back in, and hit eh button to roll up the windows rather than getting back in and turning the ignition on just to roll up the windows. Isn't technology great. LOL
                hey jeff where you get yours done...saw a guy in integra do the same thing...he rolled his windows down and started his engine as he walking towards it...I was like "showoff" ...I'm in newnan, just curious...I think I want to do that on my bird.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I got mine done at Hi Fi Buys at Gwinnett Mall. I got a Clifford concept 200. It probably has been obsoleted by now. It's a couple of years old. I got it because I wanted the car jack option. You want the car, you can have. But you're not going to get but about a mile before it shuts down. http://www.clifford.com/main.asp BTW I asked the guy about starting the car with the remote with the GM passkey and he said no problem. I love it.

Comment

Working...
                  X