Cooling fan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling fan

Is the fan switch tied into the A/C knob switch (in the car) or is it hooked up to something up front? Can you tap into this wire and make your own fan switch? I know I am not saying this clearly, but you get what I am wondering (turnig your A/C turns on the fan, so I want to turn on the fan using that switch but without turning the A/C on).
    2001 Black WS6 6-spd, 47k. stock...I think.

If your having a problem overheating, your better off getting an electrical fan that is always on (as long as the ignition is on).
    99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Originally posted by xxRillixx
      If your having a problem overheating, your better off getting an electrical fan that is always on (as long as the ignition is on).
      or I can just ground out the stock fan switch, but will that trigger codes?
      2001 Black WS6 6-spd, 47k. stock...I think.

Comment

Originally posted by stingant0
        Is the fan switch tied into the A/C knob switch (in the car) or is it hooked up to something up front? Can you tap into this wire and make your own fan switch? I know I am not saying this clearly, but you get what I am wondering (turnig your A/C turns on the fan, so I want to turn on the fan using that switch but without turning the A/C on).
        I believe it's tied into a relay (maybe 2) in the engine compartment. I know there is one relay on the low pressure switch (connected to the low pressure side of the aluminum A/C line, right in front of the service nozzle). I've been told that there is another relay somewhere else, but don't know if that's true or not.
        '95 White Z28 M6 Cold air intake with K&N air filter, air foil, flowmaster cat-back, eaton posi, motive 4.10s, aluminum driveshaft, "skip shift" eliminator, '97 Z28 chrome wheels, hypertech programmed

Comment

This may be what you are looking for.
          http://shbox.com/1/fan_switch_wires.jpg
          http://shbox.com/1/fan_sw_diagram2.jpg
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
          X