Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants an LS1 project car? Kevin? Joe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont particuarly like the fact he put "SS" on the side's......... poser!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
      Why do you figure the odometer doesnt work? I'm guessing maybe that something was done incorrectly with the transplant. If all the other guages work, I'm guessing the odometer should work also.

To do the conversion, they would of had to transplant the PCM and engine harness. Wouldnt the dash/cluster harness had plugged right into that?
      What i meant is that they mention how many miles were on the V-6, but they don't disclose how many miles are currently on the LS1. The LS1 PCM is not compatible with the V-6 PCM.

Like Jay said it wouldn't really matter how many miles were on it if you were going to re-sleeve it and stroke it, but I was just pondering the idea of a nasty h/c 346 street machine!

Comment

Wolfman, I don't think it says SS. From what I can tell it looks like GX1. I have no idea what that means. It could be LS1 written really fancy, to the point you can't make it out, too. I wish I was near the car, I would go check it out, to find out the paticulars.

Current Project: 1986 Buick T-type, 71K miles
        Previous Vehicles:
        99' M6 Z28
        98' M6 TA
        97' Formula
        96' RS Camaro
        93' Z28 B4C pckg.

Comment

Originally posted by jspeed97
          Wolfman, I don't think it says SS. From what I can tell it looks like GX1. I have no idea what that means. It could be LS1 written really fancy, to the point you can't make it out, too. I wish I was near the car, I would go check it out, to find out the paticulars.
          Looks like either GX1 or EXI maybe? Those old timers can't see too well!

Comment

I asked the seller about the decal and also asked about specifics on the engine swap. I'll post his response when I get it...
            -Rico
            -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
            98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
            98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
            94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

I can probably find out the low down on this ride. I know a lot of the people that run all of the f-bod speed shops in H-Town.

Let me see what I can dig up.

Comment

I emailed him and he says......

Originally posted by eurocarmotors2003@hotmail.com
                its gxi,ive seen it on a lot of camaros and corvettes, they make high
                performance parts for chevys.
                it does have an ls1 engine, and the 5spd tranny was swapped to a 6spd and
                all supporting parts it was done very professionally
                EDIT: I cant find anything online about Gxi...has anyone heard of it...If I bought the car it would be the first thing to go.
                -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Working...
                X