E-Mail notification issues?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Mail notification issues?

Are the rest of you having issues with this forum e-mailing you, telling you someone has replied to a thread?
    For instance, the GN thread, there have been many posts to it, however only Wolfman's post, e-mailed me the notification.

I've had this problem ever since the board upgrade.
    Austin Schroeger
    Looking to Buy 1994-97 F-Body

To the best of my knowledge, the board will only e-mail once you to notify you that there has been a new post since the last time you viewed that particular thread.

It won't e-mail you a notification of every single post, just the first new post since the last time you viewed that thread.

Comment

Mine has never worked....
      '95 White Z28 M6 Cold air intake with K&N air filter, air foil, flowmaster cat-back, eaton posi, motive 4.10s, aluminum driveshaft, "skip shift" eliminator, '97 Z28 chrome wheels, hypertech programmed

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron4TAMU
        Mine has never worked....
        Make sure you have your e-mail notification enabled.

Go to your "User CP" then under "Settings and Options" click "Edit Options". Then under "Messaging & Notification" you will see a section named Default Thread Subscription Mode. There will be a drop down box here with several selections available. If you want to be instantly notified whenever there has been a new post in a thread to which you are subscribed, then choose the "instant email notification" option.

Comment

It will only email you for the first reply posted since your last visit. It even states in the email it sends you that there may be other eplies but you won't receive any more emails. The only time it emails you for every reply is if you have the board open and are surfing it at the time a reply is posted. Then it will email you a notice for every reply.
          Dave M
          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
            Make sure you have your e-mail notification enabled.

Go to your "User CP" then under "Settings and Options" click "Edit Options". Then under "Messaging & Notification" you will see a section named Default Thread Subscription Mode. There will be a drop down box here with several selections available. If you want to be instantly notified whenever there has been a new post in a thread to which you are subscribed, then choose the "instant email notification" option.
            Trust me, I've done that multiple times....even disabling, closing IE, then enabling again....no such luck. I'm kinda wondering if my ISP is blocking them for some reason. Maybe I'll open a yahoo account and use it for a test.
            '95 White Z28 M6 Cold air intake with K&N air filter, air foil, flowmaster cat-back, eaton posi, motive 4.10s, aluminum driveshaft, "skip shift" eliminator, '97 Z28 chrome wheels, hypertech programmed

Comment

Working...
            X