F/I LS1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F/I LS1

Quick question... Let's say I were to use the turbokit fabbed by LS1-motorsports, or even put a custom kit together myself, would there be ANY benefit to using a BOV? I understand the point in using one on smaller forced induction motors but I rarely hear of a large displacement V8's or V6's using them with the setup. I've seen a couple GN's with them, but that's about it, so is there something with the setup that I am missing that doesn't require the use of one? I know I'd DREAD not using one on my current 4-banger.

And just for clarification, I could care less about the sound they make, my concern is prolonging the life of the motor and the turbocharger

So there is nobody here that can answer this for me?

Comment

When you get off the gas like in between shifts or if you are just getting out of the throttle period, the air that was just compressed by the compressor will actually try and force it's way back up the intake tract towards the actual compressor. This is very hard on the compressor and can actuall hurt hp.

BOV's and bypass valves also are really good during low RPM street crusing to help eliminate compressor surge. This is hard on compression(top) rings and head gaskets.

So yes a compressor BOV is defiinately a good idea.

Comment

thank you for clarifying for me !

Comment

Plus it just sounds really damn cool.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Working...
          X