Fastest stock LT-1 recorded?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest stock LT-1 recorded?

What's the fastest a stock LT-1 F-body has ever been clocked at in the 1/4 mile. Some Nissan 350Z guy says the Z will spank all over any LT-1 hands down if both cars are stock.

I say drivers race.

I give it to the 350Z on most occaisions... but there is no spanking involved.

The fastest time I have seen for a 350Z is 13.77 -- that was by Motor Tred, and they usually run the slowest times possible in domestics. Go figure
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2
      What's the fastest a stock LT-1 F-body has ever been clocked at in the 1/4 mile. Some Nissan 350Z guy says the Z will spank all over any LT-1 hands down if both cars are stock.

I say drivers race.
      Well, any LT1 out there is older than 7 years old, but even when new, most weren't that fast. Usually they ran low 14s, but there were faster ones occasionally. The Nisssan is pretty good at 13.8 @ 101 mph for a 3.5L V6. Bone stock, my car went 14.4 with no traction, of course - sticky tires would have made a big difference. The Nissan costs about 10k more. Even adjusted for inflation, it is a lot more expensive. The old 300ZX TT that was out in the same period as the LT1 was about the same in performance, but also a lot more expensive.

Comment

Johnny Hunkins took his stripper 93 Formy (thunderchicken) to something like a low 13.5@102ish bone stock.
        Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

I heard that the WS6 Trans Ams ran like 13.7 in the quarter, stock.
          2006 Saturn Ion Redline
          2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Mine runs 12.36 stock.

Nitrous is not a bolt-on, so it doesn't count
            "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
              Mine runs 12.36 stock.

Nitrous is not a bolt-on, so it doesn't count
              Did you just tape it to the hood or lay it in the front seat?

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                I heard that the WS6 Trans Ams ran like 13.7 in the quarter, stock.
                I'd buy that.

Comment

Back in 97, mine ran 13.87 at 101 with about 700 miles on the clock. It was bone stock, 95º ambient air temps, 210º water temps and was the 4th hot lapped run. That ended up being the best run of the day. At the time there were hardly any racers there yet as I was able to get about 7 runs in to work on my driving technique. The car was an automatic with 3.23s and was stock right down to the tires. (read: crappy GSCs). This car seemed a little stronger than the others I had test driven, and confirmed when I ran against similar cars. I usually beat similar cars by one length. It couldn't be from talented shifting. I would have to say that the better cars were high 13s, the slower ones were low to even 14s.

Comment

Working...
                  X