oil pressure drop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pressure drop

my oil pressure sensor has acted up in the past so im not sure whether to believe my gauge. is there an easy way to check oil pressure without the gauge? my gauge is reading very low right now and im scared to drive my car.

thanks in advance.
    93 black trans am (under construction)
    cheap gas

Mechanical or electrical gauge?
    99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Originally posted by 93blackta
      my oil pressure sensor has acted up in the past so im not sure whether to believe my gauge. is there an easy way to check oil pressure without the gauge? my gauge is reading very low right now and im scared to drive my car.

thanks in advance.
      Reseat the sender connector, & try regrounding the case to the engine temporarily in case you lost ground. Get a mechanical gauge and plumb it directly into the sender port.

It's not out of the question that an engine with 200k on the clock could have sucky oil pressure, especially with old oil and a hot engine.

Comment

Go to http://shbox.com/1/aux_oil_port.jpg if you don't know where it is but I would try screwing in a different guage and testing it. I thought mine might have been my guage but I put in a new one anyways and I went from loosing pressure when I jumped on it to running around 40 psi at idle and jumping well over 60 when getting on it. Also the LT1 has been know to have oil pumps that crack and can cause lots of problems.
        1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Working...
        X