Fan Switch Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Switch Help

My car gave me alot of trouble with the fans so I finally just pulled the relays and hooked up a fan switch. The way I did it was to add a solenoid under the hood and run power directly to them. This worked great for a while a long time but now I keep blowing my radio fuse (I ran the power to the switch from the wire to the radio so it shuts off when I shut the car off incase I forget). I've checked all the wires theres a good ground and no shorts. I can put in a fuse it'll run for a few minutes then blow the fuse. Any ideas on why?
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Why bypass/remove the relays when all you have to do is something like this ?
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Wish I would have seen that before I did mine lol. But my wiring or something was really messed up sometimes the fans would kick on around 170 and other times never at all and I tried about everything new relays testing the wires ect. It was a big mystery to me and the mechanics at two different GM garages. I just got sick of it and wired mine up the way it is and its worked fine for me. I also found the problem there was a small area the insulation on the wire rubbed through and was touching metal.
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Good enough!
        Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
        X