No announcement yet.

Lt4 vs lt1 vs ls1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i haven't ever seen a LT4 intake without a red powder coat is that an optional add on or did they all come that way?
    My buddy has a 97 with the LT4 and its red but he says he bought it bone stock.
    Black 95 z28, 60k miles, 10 spoke SS rims, k&n cai, flowmaster,hypertech 3, 3.42's, running 13.8@ 101 with slicks

Comment

another thought

i bought the loudmouth exhaust and i have been reading that a lot of guys have been putting LT4 Knock sensors because the LT1 sensor retards the timing its only like 30 bucks but i was wondering if that really necessary?
      Black 95 z28, 60k miles, 10 spoke SS rims, k&n cai, flowmaster,hypertech 3, 3.42's, running 13.8@ 101 with slicks

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs95
        i haven't ever seen a LT4 intake without a red powder coat is that an optional add on or did they all come that way?
        My buddy has a 97 with the LT4 and its red but he says he bought it bone stock.
        All LT4 intakes came from the factory with red powdercoat - including the ones installed on engines, and the ones you buy over the parts counter (see pic):

An LT4 intake will not bolt to LT1 heads without machine work. There were only a little more 100 97 SS's and less than 30 97 Firehawks built with the LT4 engine.... if he has one of those he is lucky. If it isn't an SS or a 'hawk, it isn't a factory (read "SLP") LT4.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs95
          i bought the loudmouth exhaust and i have been reading that a lot of guys have been putting LT4 Knock sensors because the LT1 sensor retards the timing its only like 30 bucks but i was wondering if that really necessary?
          Its not the LT4 knock sensor - there is no such thing. All OBD-II LT1/LT4's used the same sensor. Its the LT4 knock module, a small "filter" chip that plugs into the main PCM. It was tuned to reject the valve train noise from the LT4 roller rockers, and prevent "false" knock.

Some people might see a benefit with noisy headers, but its hard to see how the noise from a catback exhaust could affect the knock sensor and require the filtering of the LT4 knock module
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

i'm saving for the headers too prolly SLP too and a aftermarket y-pipe but yeah i'll prolly look into that module... would 1.6 roller rockers make noise audible outside the car cuz my motor has plenty of valvetrain noise already it seems the rollers would be smoother

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
              Im taking that picture to kinkos in the morning, so i can get it blown up and installed in my car. So everytime i open my hood i can see it. LOL. Hope you dont mind.

-- Some day it will look like that...
              99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Working...
              X