Front End Cosmetics & Touchup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front End Cosmetics & Touchup

On my front end where the headlights tuck back my black paint is starting to chip. I have the Forest Green and Black 2tone paint job on my car, so the chips in the black in front of my headlight are an eyesore. Does anyone know a type of filler i should fill in the chips with, so that its a smooth flush surface again. And then what should i paint it with. I know Krylon just came out with a new spray paint for plastics that bonds chemically to them no prep, or sanding. Does anyone know if this might work, or a better solution, im up to all suggestions. Because if i am correct the front end on the 94 camaros is plastic right?
    1994 Z-28 Camaro, 350LT1 A4, K&N Cold Air Intake, Edelbrock Long Tube Headers, Pro Flow Catalytic Convertor, BMR control arms & panhard rod, Eibach lowering springs, subframe connectors, Hotchkis strut tower brace.

Yes, the bumper cover is plastic. They have kits at Checker for fill, paint, and clear paint... used to fix scratches, small dents, etc. They are supposed to be the same exact color as the factory paint?! I would show them, and see what they reccomend. The guy i taked to had experiece at a body shop... they might know?? It might also help if you posted a couple pics so everyone can see how extensive / minor the problem is.
    99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

3M flexible bumper repair compound. It comes in two tubes you mix together, squeegie into the pits and holes, sand it smooth. Works like a charm.

Comment

Working...
      X