V-6 hook ups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-6 hook ups

I had a 96 RS that was running about 305 at the back wheels. It got wrecked I tried to find a decent z28 or ss but no luck so I got another v6. It has a custom fabricated corevette style intermidiate pipe, flowmaster series 80, illegal K&N and a B&M transmission improver chip. It is running 318 at the back wheels because I got the torque boosted on my stock chip. Does anyone have any suggestions that'll get me up to my goal of 400.

Originally posted by camaro96/2000
    I had a 96 RS that was running about 305 at the back wheels. It got wrecked I tried to find a decent z28 or ss but no luck so I got another v6. It has a custom fabricated corevette style intermidiate pipe, flowmaster series 80, illegal K&N and a B&M transmission improver chip. It is running 318 at the back wheels because I got the torque boosted on my stock chip. Does anyone have any suggestions that'll get me up to my goal of 400.
    If you're running 318rwHP with an auto trans, you must be making about 388 flywheel HP (18% drivetrain loss). Let's see how you already added 188HP to your 200HP 3.8L V6:

-A Corvette style intermediate pipe.... say what? A Corvette has true duals. The intermediate pipe is in fact dual pipe. Are you telling us you have a true dual exhaust system on your V6? On an LT1 V8, this might be worth 15HP

-The FlowMaster series 80 is perhaps the most restrictive of the FlowMaster mufflers.... how many HP do you think you added? On an LT1 V8, this might be worth 5HP.

-An "illegal K&N"... say what? CAI's and replacement air filters are 100% emissions legal in all 50 states. What makes your "illegal"? How many HP do you feel it added? On an LT1 V8, a CAI might be worth 12HP.

-A shift kit adds "0" HP.

-Since we've already added only 32HP with your mod's, you must have gained 156HP when you got your "got the torque boosted on my stock chip." That's pretty impressive. Who is your "tuner"?

If you are already making 318rwHP, you need to tell us how you did it.... then we might be able to help you get it to 400rwHP (488flywheelHP).
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I'd like to see that dyno graph! Any chance you could post it? I won't hold my breath
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

The only way you could be getting the power from a V6 that you say you were putting down is with a power adder like a supercharger, turbo or nitrous. I take that back... you could do it natrually aspirated but the powererband would be so high that you couldn't be driving it on the street. Stick to reality and you'll be better off.

Comment

Originally posted by camaro96/2000
          dude........................

never mind.........

remember.. the folks here know all about f bodies....

enough said.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

This thread is kinda funny... hehehehe
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Hmmm...I smell a Troll...

Oh wait...must've been Kermie's lunch
              Al 96 Ram Air T/A
              Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Working...
              X