Police chase video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police chase video

I found this video on the internet, its from Fox's "World's Most Scariest Police chases". I don't know if you guys have seen it but is pretty good. Its of an LT1 police camaro chasing a BMW. It 7.75 megs, how do i post it?

Also they said something about a POLICE only chip that unlocks HP. Is this BS?
    2001 Black WS6 6-spd, 47k. stock...I think.

The video clip must already be on the internet. If it is, simply type in the web address of the video in the message field, or use the hyperlink button above the message field and type in the web address in the box that pops up.

As for a "police only" chip, police issue cars, whether camaros or anything else, tend to recieve upgrades to brakes, suspension, etc to make the more durable and give them a little better performance. Retuning the chip would not be out of the question, as its a normal mod done by enthusiasts to gain horsepower. I don't remember what GM did to their B4C Camaros.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

http://www.eurotuned.com/bmw/multimedia.htm

its a few links down...called BMW_E30_M3_vs_Police_LT1_Camaro.wmv
      2001 Black WS6 6-spd, 47k. stock...I think.

Comment

Cool video, I've seen most of the "police Videos" before, but hadn't seen that one. It was funny to see the BMW swerving and driving like it was one thread away from wrecking the whole time and the cop was just casually putting the Camaro through it's paces. The kid should be locked up for good for damaging an f-body though!
        Dave M

Comment

I have it on my computer if anyone wants to host it.
          99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

I thought that cop was a pretty awful driver, actually... I mean he fell for a "head fake".

Not only that... but why did he have to take such evasive manuevers to miss the spike strip? Shouldn't they have told him what lane they were set up in? duuuhhhh......

But the thing that really gets me about the video, is that you don't see the BMW getting caught. What they show as the scene where it "breaks down" is simply the scene where he slows down, crosses the median and turns around. They cropped it differently, removed the time/date stamp, and played it in slow-mo. It is unquestionably the same scene. I wonder if the BMW got away.
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

one thing:

BS.....the B4c Camaro is totally a stock z28, with the exception of a higher alternator output in 93 and 94....other than that, its stock. no
              computer chip, as the officer stated, and we all know you cant chip the pcm's after 93 anyway.... the only diff in a b4c is it has holes drilled in the roof for a light bar application.......

on with the show

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Jay 02 TA ws6 is correct. I've seen that video before. Look at it more closely. Look at the surroundings 2:10 into the video. Compare it to the video at 3:46 when he says "the vehicle broke down and he gave up" They are the same scenes. They slowed it down the second time and added the narration. The are not telling you the truth.

That guy Sheriff John Bunnel actually came out and said they speed up the tapes to add dramatics to them. Some of the tapes are even recreated and they tell you they were actual footage of the actual chase. I don't like that guy. He is not honest and neither is the show. It is not a documentary of the truth. It is for entertainment.
                2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Ken, undoubtably some police departments modified there cars over what GM, or any other manufacturer, gave them stock. Perhaps this department did as well. Obviously, the cop is not an f-body enthusiast, so he's only repeating info given to him, info that could be wrong to begin with.

What you call "falling for a head fake" I call good reactions. Most people would have been so involved in the chase that they wouldn't have known of the impending crash until the car was actually coming at them. In this case, trying to predict the suspects actions backfired when he lost control in the median. Had he actually tried to ram the officer, the cop would have avoided the maneuver (well, in this case he still would have wrecked, but good reactions the less).

I have no doubt that the perp actually broke down and gave up. The camaro was likely the only car with video in it. To this day not every department has video cameras, and when this video was shot it's not unlikely that the camaro was the only car in the chase that had video. If I remember correctly, there is NO video of the chase after the camaro crashed, so they likely had to fib a little and use another shot of the car for the end.

The parts of that show where they speed up footage is obvious, they also add lots of sound effects too. And if you ever see an ariel shot of a chase, it's always the same guy calling the play by play. He must get around! They don't flat out lie on the show, they have to work with the material they are given. Often the video doesn't have sound, and some portions get sped up (it's obvious which parts they are, they aren't trying to hide it) to add dramatic effect.
                  Dave M

Comment

well, yeah, they're naturally not gonna show you the part where they finally catch the guy and beat him like a redheaded stepchild....of course they're gonna edit that part out....

Red '02 Z28 M6 - purchased 6/24/04 with 11,706 miles
                    CAGS Eliminator

Comment

Actually the BMW did get away. The footage is cropped together and made to look like he broke down.

They did catch the guy though. He bailed out and was apprehended after a short foot chase through some houses.

There was actually video of him being caught. It was recorded by a helicopter from above.

Here ya Go:

Copyright 1998 The Topeka Capital-Journal
                      TOPEKA CAPITAL JOURNAL

February 12, 1998, Thursday

LENGTH: 310 words

HEADLINE: Chicago teen caught after high-speed chase

BYLINE: TIM HRENCHIR

SOURCE: The Capital-Journal

BODY: A Chicago teenager in a stolen BMW led Shawnee County sheriff's deputies on a chase of more than 25 miles at speeds of up to 125 mph Wednesday morning before fleeing on foot and being caught near Paxico in Wabaunsee County, authorities said.

Albert Ciesla, 15, was arrested and detained in the Shawnee County Youth Center in connection with numerous criminal counts including felony auto theft, said Shawnee County Sheriff Dave Meneley.

Meneley gave this account of the chase Deputy Wally Long of the sheriff's department's Criminal Interdiction Unit, driving a marked sheriff's car, tried to stop a black BMW for a traffic violation about 9:30 a.m. Wednesday on Interstate 70 in the downtown Topeka area. The driver instead sped up to about 125 mph and went west on I-70 into Wabaunsee County, weaving through traffic and often entering the highway shoulder to pass vehicles. The Kansas Highway Patrol and Wabaunsee County Sheriff's deputies joined the chase.

Just west of Paxico, the driver made a U-turn in the grass median, started back east on I-70, left the highway at a county road exit, then quickly got back on I-70 going east in a westbound lane.

The driver allegedly swerved toward Long, who was westbound in the lane, forcing him to enter the median to avoid a collision. The patrol car sustained minor damage.

The fleeing car soon afterward left I-70, went south on a dead-end county road, entered a field and struck a fence before stopping. The driver fled on foot.

A Topeka police helicopter was brought to the area to help search for the driver. Ciesla was found in a brushy ravine about a quarter mile from the car, which officers learned had been reported stolen in Chicago.

Law officers initially thought another person might have been in the car and escaped, but then concluded Ciesla had been the BMW's sole occupant.

LOAD-DATE: September 15, 1998
                      Document 1 of 1

Randy
                      99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
                      93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
                        He must get around! .
                        I was thinking the same thing! LA (not Lower Alabama), Portland, Chicago. He's there. Maybe he flies an air-wolf with the jet booster rockets so he can get across the country to cover all of the car chases.
                        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

well, if he hit a fence, that could be considered breaking down couldn't it? The car wouldn't be running after that. They just implied it happened on the freeway.
                          Dave M

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
                            well, if he hit a fence, that could be considered breaking down couldn't it? The car wouldn't be running after that. They just implied it happened on the freeway.
                            They did more than imply.

Comment

Working...
                            X