Back from the track

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from the track

Went to Maple Grove today and aside from the heat, it was great. I ran twelve passes. I was one of the slowest F-Bods there, but I learned a lot. My best run was 14.011 at 99.21 MPH with a 2.116 60'. Also a .213 reaction time. I need to get my engine temps down so I am doing a manual fan switch and 160 stat. I can't wait for 13's.....even if it is 13.999
    Maybe with cooler weather I can get it.

Although it is too late to ask.....am I asking for trouble racing my car??? I know the obvious like tire wear, but these cars were made to be raced...right?

Funniest part of the day was when a LS1 T/A WS6 lined up next to me and drove through the staging lanes and had to back up. Not usually a problem except he forgot to take it out of reverse before he launched. Can I count that as a W???
    It's only funny because no damage was done....I'm sure it could have been serious.
    2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
    buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
    Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

I was thinking about going Friday but didn't when my friend couldn't go with me. Also, I was afraid the crowds would be too bad and I wouldn't get enough runs in to make it worth it..... oh well....
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
    X