Noisey Rear Hatch on '94 Camaro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisey Rear Hatch on '94 Camaro

I have a hatchback, and as i drive i can hear it bounce a little. It gets annoying, all the noise it makes. Plus i just installed a subwoofer in my trunk for my stereo, and im wrried that its going to vibrate real bad. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to brace it better. The rubber stoppers on the rear are worn down a little, but the previous owner jerry rigged some extra padding with sometype of dynamat sound deadening material. Im open to any suggestions....
    1994 Z-28 Camaro, 350LT1 A4, K&N Cold Air Intake, Edelbrock Long Tube Headers, Pro Flow Catalytic Convertor, BMR control arms & panhard rod, Eibach lowering springs, subframe connectors, Hotchkis strut tower brace.

I'm fortunate enough my 2 12's in the back do not rattle the hatch, barely at all. My buddy on the other hand, his has the same problem yours does. What he did is get some of the weather stripping, the rounded style with double sided tape and lined his hatch with it. It alleviated most of the rattling. Just a thought, hope it helps. I did a similar thing for my rear plate, that rattled, i took a small piece of stryofoam and mounted on the back side of the plate and that stopped that rattling, for the most part, depends on how loud my stereo is.
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
    Traded in: 1998 Z28
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Working...
    X