oil preasure sensor question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil preasure sensor question

almost finished with the engine and I am about to pre prime it before I fire it up, but the very last thing before that is that I don't know where the oil preasure sensor goes, I couldn't find it on my old motor either
    82 camaro x2:
    82 z28 w/ 305 (for now) 4 speed saginaw
    82 berrlinetta with 350 .060 over...3 speed auto

The Z28 is back under the knife, after the transmission, now its the entire engine....will post pics when all finished.

Originally posted by seannz28
    almost finished with the engine and I am about to pre prime it before I fire it up, but the very last thing before that is that I don't know where the oil preasure sensor goes, I couldn't find it on my old motor either
    It's at the rear of the block up on top, just behind the intake manifold. There is a threaded hole for it. It faces strait up, slightly to the drivers side just behind the rear edge of the intake manifold.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Okay, I got the ssensor, and when I was going to put it in, the bulbed part of it would hit on the edge of the intake manifold. So I got an extension for the thread, adds about 1" or 1.5" or so. NOW it is too tall and the distributor won't go in.
      So here's my question:

Can I attach a piecs of hose from the extension coming out of the block and relocate the oil preasure sensor by attaching the other end of that hose to the threaded part of the sensor? or will that screw up the reading?
      82 camaro x2:
      82 z28 w/ 305 (for now) 4 speed saginaw
      82 berrlinetta with 350 .060 over...3 speed auto

The Z28 is back under the knife, after the transmission, now its the entire engine....will post pics when all finished.

Comment

Working...
      X