03/04 Cobra kill! YESSSSSS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03/04 Cobra kill! YESSSSSS!

On my work today, I spotted a clean, beautiful 03/04 Cobra convertible turning on to the road I was driving on. I got a devilish smirk on my face, so I slowed up a bit to wait for the guy. The road is brand new, 4 and 5 lanes wide... the whole area is developing, but there isn't much there yet. The road ends where it meets I-696/I-275/I-96 so the "end" is actually a series of long on-ramps. You know what that means, hehehehe...

Well, not only that, but we got a clearing in the morning traffic. Yes! We took turns showing off a little bit, before we both stomped it from 70 mph. HOLY CRAP I put about a car on him by the time I shifted to 4th! YESSSSS! I kept pulling on him from there, but it was difficult to tell when he got off the throttle. He must have realized he wasn't going to be able to reel me in ... I think he backed off shortly after I put it in to 4th, still pulling on him pretty hard.

He didn't sound stock, but it was probably just a cat-back. The convertible would weigh him down even more than the already porky coupe... this was my first run-in with an 03/04 since I have been a worthy competitor after the headers and tune. I'm gonna be all smiles all day, lol...
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Well it may have not been a real race but.........

I say chalk it up as a good kill!!

If he got on it and so did you its a kill.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

From what i understand, the convertibles only weigh around 100lbs more. He might not have had an exhaust system. Those things are really loud stock. There's some guy around me that i used to pull up next to in my Monte Carlo. The light would turn green, his car would get deafeningly loud as he punched it and he'd take off like molasses going up hill in an avalanche. That's just a GT though, you stomped a Cobra...........NICE!!!!!!! (fear wolfmans wrath on this one though)
      Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
      SOLD- Kinda miss it
      94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
      SOLD- Good riddance!
      2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Loud? You want to talk about loud? PPC long-tube headers, off-road y-pipe, and Corsa cat-back. That's loud bwahahaha

When we were both at WOT, I couldn't even hear a sound from his car, hehehe...
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

good job bro
          --- 2000 NBM A4 Camaro SS #8156 ---
          3,200VIG, B&M 24K super cooler, Coated race style pacesetters , 3" TSP true duals, TSP Clear lid, SLP Smooth bellows, NX wet kit, CFN bottle heater, dyno tune purge, LS1 Edit, Auto meter & ZEX gauges, 160 thermostat, TB Bypass mod, !EGR & !AIR, Madman PHB & LCA's, NITTO 555R's

Comment

I took one out back when they first came out. One came to the track while I was there, and I had to put him down with the old "stock LT1". Of course, the next week he had a pulley and a tune, so that ended that real quick. But for one week, I was the "Cobra Killa"
            "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Man, Jay thats a cool avitar. I get a kick out of it everytime I see it.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
              2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Good kill Jay! Are you still saving for those Patriots?

Comment

So the "hunt" finally paid off! Nice kill - now go get a 12.xx time slip! LOL.
                  Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

WOOHOO
                    good kill
                    do it again
                    and again and again
                    Miss My Bird

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                      Good kill Jay! Are you still saving for those Patriots?

Thanks.

Of course I am hehehehe... but I am not gonna touch the bottom end for now.

600 HP will have to do, hahaha... besides, if I ever get beat with that much power, I owe it to the guy to give him a hand.

The only bad news is that I have begun my selling days on a terrible slump. I am working harder than anyone else (making more calls, pitching more programs) and I have nothing to show for it. I am gonna keep plugging away though

Comment

Good kill! Those pulleyed ones seem to be putting down like 450rwhp. I wish somebody would make a nice roots type blower setup like that for the LT1..... I am gonna finish the nitrous up this weekend, then it's play time for me too!
                        1995 Firebird Formula
                        (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
                          From what i understand, the convertibles only weigh around 100lbs more. He might not have had an exhaust system. Those things are really loud stock.
                          I don't know what they sound like from outside the car, but my Cobra was pretty quiet when it was stock... A cat-back definitely wakes the exhaust up!

Back on topic, nice kill story! What kind of numbers does your car put down? What are you running?

Comment

345 rwhp, 360 rwtq...

my best is 13.1 @ 109 w/ a 2.1 60'.

I really think that trap is low for my power, so I can't wait to head back to the track.

Comment

Nice work. There is an 03 here in my little town. We have gone at it a few times. I always come out the victor.
                              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X