Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OptiSpark

Ok here it goes.
    I am really intersted in a 94 Firebird Formula. It is in perfect condition and has around 82000 miles on it. I keep reading all these things about the optispark and its starting to steer me away from buying it. How bad is it really? I mean I want to be able to wash my car or drive it in the rain and not worry about it. I read about how much it costs to replace and how stuff is still broken after its fixed. What are your experiences with the optispark horror and what should I expect. Isnt there some way to make a cover for it, Im just trying to find a solution because I really like this car but I dont want to buy it and then 1 month later put a **** amount of money in it because of the opti.

Edited by admin.............Censor yourself please so that moderators don't have to do it for you.

Originally posted by italianstallion
    Ok here it goes.
    I am really intersted in a 94 Firebird Formula. It is in perfect condition and has around 82000 miles on it. I keep reading all these things about the optispark and its starting to steer me away from buying it. How bad is it really? I mean I want to be able to wash my car or drive it in the rain and not worry about it. I read about how much it costs to replace and how stuff is still broken after its fixed. What are your experiences with the optispark horror and what should I expect. Isnt there some way to make a cover for it, Im just trying to find a solution because I really like this car but I dont want to buy it and then 1 month later put a **** amount of money in it because of the opti.
    I've owned 3 LT1 cars and never had a problem. I really dont think it is a big deal. They are only a couple hundred bucks to get a new one...
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

And VERY easy to replace if it does indeed fail.
      Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

I wash my car every weekend and drive almost all year around here in Van, and we are known for the amount of rain we get here. No problems yet(knocks on wood!!!). You could convert it to a vented opti for an added insurance.
        97 SS #C007
        Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
        SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Working...
        X