Buying on Ebay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying on Ebay

Back in April I bought my first F-body on E-bay. When I got there at the Airport (Indy to Richmand) I waited 2.75 hrs for them. I had to Hurry because I needed to be back the next day for Army trainning. I was a bit upset. I had them knock on $100 for the 30day tags and title processing. So I was off in my nice 97 T/A. About 2hrs outside Richmand I noticed the clutch was slipping. I hadn't noticed it before (I never got on it...too much traffic). So when I got back I called them and they said they would cover the part but I had to put it in. The part never came...and the car became undrivable. I told them that i needed the clutch now, they told me to order one and they would give me the money for it. I paid 372.85 for a SPL clutch....the money never came. Never came. I kept calling and calling. They would give me the run around everytime. Monday marks the 90 day mark for feedback. I called them monday and they said they are going to charge it to my account. However, nothing shows up. I hear now from Mastercard that it can take up to 2 weeks to show up. No way man. You are not going to fool me again. I am not going to give up writing feedback for my money I had never gotten previously. Soooo I filled a dispute. Mastercard credited me 372.85 and will contact them soon. If they do not give Mastercard the money....then Mastercard will take away their machines and the dealer will not be able to use Mastercard anymore!

So my question is...should I leave bad feedback...or nothing at all?

C.L. Hyman Wholesale is the ebay name.
    2001 Black WS6 6-spd, 47k. stock...I think.

1)Always test drive before you purchase 2)If you have an agreement, put it in writing with a signature 3)Leave negative feedback, but be sure to explain in the best detail as possible what happened
    '95 White Z28 M6 Cold air intake with K&N air filter, air foil, flowmaster cat-back, eaton posi, motive 4.10s, aluminum driveshaft, "skip shift" eliminator, '97 Z28 chrome wheels, hypertech programmed

Comment

I would leave a neutral feedback. " I recieved car, but... "
      99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Originally posted by stingant0
        Back in April I bought my first F-body on E-bay. When I got there at the Airport (Indy to Richmand) I waited 2.75 hrs for them. I had to Hurry because I needed to be back the next day for Army trainning. I was a bit upset. I had them knock on $100 for the 30day tags and title processing. So I was off in my nice 97 T/A. About 2hrs outside Richmand I noticed the clutch was slipping. I hadn't noticed it before (I never got on it...too much traffic). So when I got back I called them and they said they would cover the part but I had to put it in. The part never came...and the car became undrivable. I told them that i needed the clutch now, they told me to order one and they would give me the money for it. I paid 372.85 for a SPL clutch....the money never came. Never came. I kept calling and calling. They would give me the run around everytime. Monday marks the 90 day mark for feedback. I called them monday and they said they are going to charge it to my account. However, nothing shows up. I hear now from Mastercard that it can take up to 2 weeks to show up. No way man. You are not going to fool me again. I am not going to give up writing feedback for my money I had never gotten previously. Soooo I filled a dispute. Mastercard credited me 372.85 and will contact them soon. If they do not give Mastercard the money....then Mastercard will take away their machines and the dealer will not be able to use Mastercard anymore!

So my question is...should I leave bad feedback...or nothing at all?

C.L. Hyman Wholesale is the ebay name.
        Copy and paste everything you just wrote and leave that for the feedback.
        Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
          Not a bad idea. As long as you don't bad mouth them and just tell the truth, your feedback will be effective.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
            Isn't feedback limited to x amount of characters??
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I would not be too surprised if I were you.

Whenever I buy a used car a always figure on at leat $500 to get it right after I get it home. No used car will live up to my standards. If all it needed was a clutch, I'd be happy.

I'm not saying that it isnt crappy how they gave you the run around on it. I would leave negative feedback. I just wouldnt get really upset that I had to put a clutch in a used car I bought. Life is toooo short, man. enjoy your F-body!!

BTW... I bought my car on Ebay too... it also needed a new clutch LOL.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:
              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                I would not be too surprised if I were you.

Whenever I buy a used car a always figure on at leat $500 to get it right after I get it home. No used car will live up to my standards. If all it needed was a clutch, I'd be happy.

I'm not saying that it isnt crappy how they gave you the run around on it. I would leave negative feedback. I just wouldnt get really upset that I had to put a clutch in a used car I bought. Life is toooo short, man. enjoy your F-body!!

BTW... I bought my car on Ebay too... it also needed a new clutch LOL.
                well the whole clutch prob really didn't bother me until I got home to title the car. For some reason I thought I wouldn't have to pay tax because I bought it on the internet...so title and tax left me $643 in the whole, and then the clutch @$372.85. The money I was going to use to buy new wheels went for other things. Also since the car almost didn't make it back home that really wasn't a nice fun drive. I don't think I will buy E-bay again. THe first car I bought was a 99 Regal LS (no supercharger), i bought it for 5990 with 70k on it. I was in Basic Trainning so my dad picked it up. There were scratches all over the car, however my dad picked up the car in the evening and the owner put red polish on the car to just cover up the cratches till it rained. Take note that his dog caused the scrathes all over the left side and rear bumper. Had to get it repainted.
                2001 Black WS6 6-spd, 47k. stock...I think.

Comment

Working...
                X