Is this BS or Not

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this BS or Not

There is another forum full of Grand Am owners claiming this isnt possible.

I know a guy with a 97 Trans Am ws6 and a 00 GA that is claiming 700 hp from his T/A

MODS I know of: ATI procharger with a 2 core intercooler,LT1-to-LT4 conversion kit,custom computer programming,100 shot Nitrous into intercooler,Headers,full exhaust,Pro 5.0 Shifter,Stage II clutch.

And i know there is a few other little mods done like cams the hot cam was given him trouble so it was replaced with another cam not sure which one allthough.

So is does those that HP # sound right i believe the guy for one his 00 2.4 Grand Am a 17 sec <A TITLE="Click for more information about car" STYLE="text-decoration: ; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1VDw">car</A> is now runnin high 13's low 14's with tons of motor work so i know he knows how to build up HP. Anyways if its possible maybe yall can let this forum know whats up ill post link later.

No problem making 700 (flywheel) HP with a blower and nitrous - but not on a "stock" block. The stock connecting rods will not support that kind of power. The stock hypereutectic pistons would be borderline. Stock cast crank isn't going to have a long life. Typically, the heads would also have to be upgraded, and the cam would typically be larger than the HOT cam.

If he has a rebuild with forged internals, 700HP is a piece of cake. I run 800 flywheel on nitrous, a friend of mine made 1,125 flywheel with a 383 and Vortech S/C.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Direct them over to www.ls1tech.com where they can find dozens of LT1's making that much power or more. Joe Overton is making in excess of 800 hp at the fly naturally aspirated. No n20 or blower and running 9.54 currently.

Or how about Chris Sikora who just broke into the 8's with his 8.96 pass in his supercharged LT1 camaro. His screenname is Z8's. Check out this thread and his sig.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105180

Comment

ooops and his enternals have also been replaced but i have no idea with what Ive seen him run 11's in the 1/4 mile and that was with traction issues There is more to his mod list but he doesnt like to talk about what he has done.

I really wanted those Grand Am guys to see this info,since they found it to be such BS They also said his car couldnt push those #'s with a T-Top

A post over there quote:

Originally posted by redfox
        i think he said his T/A was pushing out 700 hp..bs

yeah i'd have to see this to believe it. he dident mention any thing done to the eternals of that engine and says it runs 15-18psi of boost?? no ******* way, espically on an high compression engine. plus how are his t-tops holding up, cuz that will be the first place to twist with that much HP.

Mind you this TA owner only gave out the basic mods done he never got tech over it he justed posted pics of the motor and etc and now it impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyles00
          ooops and his enternals have also been replaced but i have no idea with what Ive seen him run 11's in the 1/4 mile and that was with traction issues There is more to his mod list but he doesnt like to talk about what he has done.

I really wanted those Grand Am guys to see this info,since they found it to be such BS
          Kyle you are going to find out more and more as you live life that the overwhelmingly vast majority of people who claim to know all about racing really don't have a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
            Kyle you are going to find out more and more as you live life that the overwhelmingly vast majority of people who claim to know all about racing really don't have a clue.
            I know i only went off to defend the guy i know him and he has built some mean cars but he doesnt really like to brag hell a 13 sec 4dr 4cyl Grand Am thats wild and this site excludes from everything and calls BS on everything he says and he has posted pics,slips,and vids and nothing helps maybe its jealousy.

Also FastTA offtopic but your like an 1 north of us do you ever hang out with Lethal performance out of San Antonio thats are runnin buddies.

Comment

I know i only went off to defend the guy i know him and he has built some mean cars but he doesnt really like to brag hell a 13 sec 4dr 4cyl Grand Am thats wild and this site excludes from everything and calls BS on everything he says and he has posted pics,slips,and vids and nothing helps maybe its jealousy.

Also FastTA offtopic but your like an 1 north of us do you ever hang out with Lethal performance out of San Antonio thats are runnin buddies.
              Where do u live? I've heard of them, but to my knowledge I've never personally met any of their guys. There are quite a few San Antonio area f-body organizations, but right now I am just a little too busy with my projects to play. Putting together a 97 WS6 and a 97 Camaro at the same time has eaten up my time and my wallet! J/K Let me know some of their names, I might have seen their cars(or them) at Alamo Performance or the Hod Rod store or some place similar in San Antonio.

Comment

We live in Karnes City we just started runnin with em and im bad with names, Lethal Performance is actually a LT1 LS1 specialty shop in SA, but they have a crew that runs together. We usually meet up Fridays at the forum in universal city awesome get together the forum usually has a 1000 or so custom hot rods and muscle cars this is a Domestic hangout spot but imports usually take over the spot at midnight. So if you ever wanna hangout at this spot just drop me a PM and ill get you the directions.

Also if im not mistaken they tend to hang out in New Braunfels on sat every once in awhile and of course we meet up at San Antonio raceway.

Comment

We live in Karnes City we just started runnin with em and im bad with names, Lethal Performance is actually a LT1 LS1 specialty shop in SA, but they have a crew that runs together. We usually meet up Fridays at the forum in universal city awesome get together the forum usually has a 1000 or so custom hot rods and muscle cars this is a Domestic hangout spot but imports usually take over the spot at midnight. So if you ever wanna hangout at this spot just drop me a PM and ill get you the directions.

Also if im not mistaken they tend to hang out in New Braunfels on sat every once in awhile and of course we meet up at San Antonio raceway.
                  Yeah we used to go most Fridays at the Forum, but then Schertz Police Department banned the meetings there because so many cars were showing up and it was causing major traffic problems.

Have they started meeting there again? When was the last time you went?

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                    Yeah we used to go most Fridays at the Forum, but then Schertz Police Department banned the meetings there because so many <A TITLE="Click for more information about car" STYLE="text-decoration: ; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1VDw">car</A>s were showing up and it was causing major traffic problems.

Have they started meeting there again? When was the last time you went?
                    We went last weekend and i think we are going tonight not sure though. Yeah its going again the cops have been fairly cool about all of it they only run the imports off at midnight LOL.

Comment

We went last weekend and i think we are going tonight not sure though. Yeah its going again the cops have been fairly cool about all of it they only run the imports off at midnight LOL.
                      Good to know! Damn, I wish the WS6 was running. We went a couple of times in my friends 1941 Willys. This thing is cherry with a 502 BB it turned quite a few heads. I'll try and see if I can get a few friends together and make it tonight. What kind of car will you be in?

Comment

I really wanted those Grand Am guys to see this info,since they found it to be such BS They also said his car couldnt push those #'s with a T-Top
                        I'll tell you what's BS. A forum for Grand Ams.

And why do you care about anything someone says when they think that a t-top has to do with the amount of power an engine can put out? That is one of the most asinine riceboy claims I have ever heard in my life.
                        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                          I'll tell you what's BS. A forum for Grand Ams.

And why do you care about anything someone says when they think that a t-top has to do with the amount of power an engine can put out? That is one of the most asinine riceboy claims I have ever heard in my life.
                          I suspect they were alluding to the possibility that the T-top body might not be strong enough to resist the torque capability of the high HP engine.... a valid "thought".... but not valid in reality. A good set of subframe connectors will allow the 4th Gen T-top or convertible body to handle that amount of power without twisting the body. I don't think even a ricer would assume that the T-top affects the engine power output . Well.... I could be wrong.
                          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                          X