WS6 vs Firehawk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WS6 vs Firehawk

Whats the difference? I ask only because I bought an ATI procharger for my 01 SS and there had been some frame damage to it so we're not sure if its gunna be able to withstand the punishment of 430 rwhp (give or take). So I'm pricing other Camaro SS's, and WS6's and one of my buddies is selling his pristine condt Firehawk and I wasnt sure what the difference is between the two and i need to know because the procharger fits the Camaro SS LS1, which will also fit the WS6 engine but will it fit the Firehawk is the question.
    2001 Camaro SS, ATI P1-SC Procharger 7 psi pulley (for now muah ha ha), MAC headers, MAC off road Y-Pipe, MAC "Cat Back", K&N, Richmond Racing 3.73's, Hypertech Power Programmer III custom programmed for Procharger, Subframe Connectors, Z06 rims (17x9.5, 18x10.5) BFG G-Force 315/30/18's. Panasonic In-Dash TV/CD/DVD player, 2 10" Audiobahn Subs in custom box, Audiofonics 800 watt amp. Dyno soon to come (and track times too)
    "No Ryan, my car cannot whistle any OTHER songs"

I don't know why it wouldn't. All of the cars share the same motor, the only difference would be airboxes and possibly exhaust as far as the motor goes, all of which you'll change anyway.
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

I'm not sure of all the differences between the firehawk and WS6 anymore, especially the 98+ cars, but the SC should have no problem fitting the firehawk. The engine bays should be identical. Firehawks (if I remember correctly) usually just got a freer flowing exhaust and some suspension work.
      Dave M
      Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

thanks guys, i didn't think there was a difference as far as anything serious went but just wanted to make sure. Hope it doesnt come to that tho...I love my SS.
        2001 Camaro SS, ATI P1-SC Procharger 7 psi pulley (for now muah ha ha), MAC headers, MAC off road Y-Pipe, MAC "Cat Back", K&N, Richmond Racing 3.73's, Hypertech Power Programmer III custom programmed for Procharger, Subframe Connectors, Z06 rims (17x9.5, 18x10.5) BFG G-Force 315/30/18's. Panasonic In-Dash TV/CD/DVD player, 2 10" Audiobahn Subs in custom box, Audiofonics 800 watt amp. Dyno soon to come (and track times too)

Comment

What kind of ATI Procharger, and how much PSI? A D-1SC or P-1SC at 8 psi, I would expect more than 430 rwhp with it. Significantly more. As in appraoching 500.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

P-1SC- 7 PSI, i just put 430 cuz i didnt want to get slammed by 25 people saying look man you dont know what ur talking about and all that crap. Realistically im expectin about 450rwhp.

Comment

There is a guy here in our club that has the ATI running 8 psi - he dyno'd at 550+ RWHP on a 98 LS1. He has other mods but not sure what else. The procharger is the only big mod.
              Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

all ive got in it are 3.73's, whisper lid, MAF, Power programmer (which will be replaced when the supercharger is installed with a new programmer) and soon to have the procharger. I dynoed at 314rwhp and 303ft/lb torque.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                  What kind of ATI Procharger, and how much PSI? A D-1SC or P-1SC at 8 psi, I would expect more than 430 rwhp with it. Significantly more. As in appraoching 500.
                  Like Jay said, a bone stock LS1 can easily handle 9 pounds of boost at the manifold. With that in mind you should expect at least 500 RWHP out of something like the P-1SC or D-1SC. It is being done every day. To go in excess of that, a re-built bottom end would be in order though. With a built LS1 that has a full host of bolt-ons, and is utilizing a built bottom end, a D-1SC can produce some wicked power. I know of someone local making 818 RWHP with a built 382 botttom end with a F1-R. He broke his 10 bolt on the dyno and is now upgrading to a 12 bolt.

Comment

I've already ordered the P-1SC and it comes with a 7 psi pulley, to run 8 or 9 psi, obviously i would have to get smaller pulleys, but would that be it....anything more complicated than the pulleys because if not, its warantee is good to 9 psi and i wouldnt mind another couple horsies! By the way, this is just a daily driver, i just need somethin to put the local ricers in the closet, my good friend in particular who just turbocharged his supra (straigh six single turbo) he really pisses me off. haha not anymore.

Comment

Just give Rick a call at http://www.superchargers4less.com or just about any ATI Procharger dealer can sell you a smaller pulley such as T-byrne Motorsports. The LS1 is just right with 9 psi and that is what I would shoot for. There are a few guys over on ls1tech.com who are running 10 lbs on a stock bottom with no problems but that is pushing it.

Comment

Originally posted by abmcbballer
                        i just need somethin to put the local ricers in the closet, my good friend in particular who just turbocharged his supra (straigh six single turbo) he really pisses me off. haha not anymore.

Supras are not ricers, man! I would be careful... REAL careful --even after you go with the Procharger -- about challenging a single turbo Supra. ESPECIALLY from a roll
                        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Yeah a friend of mind raced one and from 1st to mid second you couldnt even see the supra but midway through you could hear this loud whistle and then he was beside us then in front. He said he wasnt at all stock( bigger turbo ect.) but it was pretty fast.

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Oh here we go again with the turbo supra talk.
                            Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

my bad, i was referring especially to honda's, mitsu's and civics when i said ricers but i should just said imports (throw in mustangs and Cobras while im at it). I know all about my buddie's supra, its fast but i think i should be able to keep up, supra's aren't ricers you're right, they are the one and only import sports car i respect. There are many of em over 1000hp. Not something that you can say about too many types of cars.

Comment

Working...
                              X