got a question about 700R4's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got a question about 700R4's

okay, I have a 700R4 out of a '70s Silverado that is pretty built up and all. However, I want to put it in my '86 Caprice. Is this possible? I mean, what are the differences in the years and all? I know that the splines changed, but anything exterior changes or anything like that?

Thanks in advance.
    my car:
    '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
    check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

can anybody help me?
    my car:
    '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
    check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

Originally posted by wako29
      okay, I have a 700R4 out of a '70s Silverado that is pretty built up and all. However, I want to put it in my '86 Caprice. Is this possible? I mean, what are the differences in the years and all? I know that the splines changed, but anything exterior changes or anything like that?

Thanks in advance.

If I am not mistaken, they did not make a 700R4 in the 70's. You may want to check that trans and make sure.

-Paul

WickedLT1's Home on the Web - Wicked Pictures
      95 - Trans Am - LT1 - 6Speed
      Car Status: Hmm, winter projects coming up...

Comment

700r

if it is a gm 700r4 it will bolt up to a gm 350
        97 30 anniversary lt1 swaped into a 95 s-10, headman headders, highflow cats, dynomax ultra flow mufflers, getto rig intake haha http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/655505

Comment

but has to stay with chevy and chevy u cant mix like buick and chevy well at least with the old 700r4 i dont know if they changed anything now
          97 30 anniversary lt1 swaped into a 95 s-10, headman headders, highflow cats, dynomax ultra flow mufflers, getto rig intake haha http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/655505

Comment

Originally posted by wako29

Thanks in advance.
            If you got it out of a 70's silverado, its not a 700R4, unless someone swapped it into the silverado. What is in the caprice now? Whatever it is, the 700R4 will bolt in with out "major" modification. The biggest issues are going to be the length of the tranny, which effect the driveshaft length and crossmember mounting. The linkage from the shifter and TV cable mounting will most lilkely need to be altered too.
            96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
            11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
            X