little help here fellas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little help here fellas?

Ok, so sometime yesterday my drivers side directional quit working (1999 TA). I check the lights and the drivers side directional/running light is out. Now, how in the hell do you fix it? Is it a bulb you replace or does the whole assembly have to be swapped out. Also, how do you access the light...it seems real cramped in there even with the headlights up. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.
    '99 TA M6 (!CAGS), K&N/LS1MS Lid. Still learning as I go.

The panels on the underside of the nose can be unbolted and gives you easy access to the turn signal assemblies. I've occationally been able to manually raise the headlights just far enough to squeeze my arm in there, but it's not fun.

Comment

under the car, right in front of the front wheel, there is a flap panel thats held by 2 bolts. Unscrew those two bolts and the panel will flip down...giving you access to the capartment...plenty of room to get your arms in and the bulb out.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

dang...joe beat me to it..

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

wow, you guys are fast!

So it's just a bulb then? Cool, Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

pretty sure...when you hit the column stalk does the blinker stay green??? if so...it's just the bulb.

Also, check out the signal assembly...had to replace mine because the assembly cracked on the top and water leaked in. I had to replace the bulbs 4 times before I got fed up and went in to see why they kept blowing. Sure enough, a large crack...water leaked in during rain and car washes. Don't know why they cracked...but it leaves me to believe the bulbs get quite hot.

Christopher Teng

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

If you are talking about the light in the front of the bumper(which it sounds like you are), Just stick your hand in the hole in the bumber right below it and reach up. Peice of cake - I have the same water leakage problem that Lim Teng has so I replace them quite often.
              99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
              93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

Fixed it. You guys were right, the lens has a small crack and water had becomed trapped in there. The bulb was an easy fix after I unbolted that flap underneath the bumper. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                X