Hope I dont cause anymore problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope I dont cause anymore problems

In my prevous post about my trip to the 1/8 track everybody said they thought my numbers didnt match. After doing alittle research I've came to the same concluison, it dosnt seem possible to run an 1/8 and only be going 64mph.

The only thing I can think of is that the track is only a 10th mile, but for some reason the slips say 1/8 on them. Is there any mathmatical way to figure that out? I would have posted in my other thread but it was locked before I could get back.

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
    2001 Intrigue GL

There weren't any problems from my end.... Fred and I were trying to figure out why stuff was so out of whack. the reason it was locked was due to other foolishness.

Comment

Originally posted by gimp19
      In my prevous post about my trip to the 1/8 track everybody said they thought my numbers didnt match. After doing alittle research I've came to the same concluison, it dosnt seem possible to run an 1/8 and only be going 64mph.

The only thing I can think of is that the track is only a 10th mile, but for some reason the slips say 1/8 on them. Is there any mathmatical way to figure that out? I would have posted in my other thread but it was locked before I could get back.
      Gimp, see if you can obtain the track's number and ask to speak to the track director. He should be able to let you know exactly how long the track is.

BTW, what is the name of the track? Location?

Comment

The name is "warricks dragstrip" south butler NY, I plan on asking how long the stip is next month when I go there. I really wish there was a good 1/4 mile strip around Rochester

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
        2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

I've never heard of a 1/10th mile track.. That doesn't mean they don't exist, but I'd bet it was 1/8. Probably just a printer error and it was meant to be 84 mph.
          Dave M
          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Here are 2 phone numbers I found that say they are Warricks Drag Strip info numbers:

594.8456 or 589.4148

Comment

you could always come up to canada and go to cayuga or St Thomas

www.torontomotorsportspark.com

http://www.stthomasdragway.com/
              Red 94 T/A with T's, Flowmaster, auto +232000km

http://www.geocities.com/cb650sc

Comment

I'm heading to St Thomas next weekend to visit family, eh! Too bad I can't take the TA and run it at the track!
                Dave M
                Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

The name is "warricks dragstrip" south butler NY, I plan on asking how long the stip is next month when I go there. I really wish there was a good 1/4 mile strip around Rochester

N20LT4Bird is in Rochester, and I could swear he has gone to a 1/4 mile track before... might want to ask him where he has gone.
                  Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Go to Leicesters, its near geneseo. Thats a quarter and its really nice. I went on a wednesday night and i got 20 passes in 2 hours. Thats the only quarter mile i know around us to go to. Theres apple valley but thats only 1/8 unless you wanna go in circles and race they have that too If you do go down, tell me, i wanna go, it'll be cool to meat someone from the forums down there

Comment

I was going to suggest the track at geneseo, thats where i go when i am up in that area, but darkz711 beat me to it! That track is fairly nice. Besides that, there a quite a few people on here from that area that you could possibly get to meet up with you.
                      2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                      Traded in: 1998 Z28
                      http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Im from rochester also ... check out nyirp http://nyirp.com/ i live in spencerport ( just west of the city ). its about a 20 minute drive for me cuz i live right on 36. from gates its about 35, henrietta about the same to give you an idea.
                        -Nick-
                        95 A4 Z28

Comment

Working...
                        X