slp iat sensor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slp iat sensor

is the air inlet temp sensor that slp do the same for ls1 and lt1 as i have bein offered one for my 93 formula off of a 98 car
    http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
    C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
    mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Not worth a whole lot on any year, but it is a bad choice for your 93. 1993 is the only year 4th Gen that runs a "speed-density" air/fuel ratio control system (all other years are "mass air" and run a mass air sensor.) In speed density, the ECM calculates the mass air flow rate into the engine by multiplying RPM x Displacement/2 X volumetric efficiency to get the volume flow of air, then uses the inlet air temperature (IAT) and the intake manifold absolute pressure (MAP) to calculate the density of the air. Volume X Density = Mass.

If you "fool" the ECM with the fixed temperature resistor that resides on the SLP IAT unit, it will not be able to accurately calculate the mass air flow into the engine. It will always sense cold (dense) inlet air, and will always add more fuel than the engine really nees. The 4th Gens are already programmed way too rich at WOT, so the IAT "tricker" would hurt you.

This unit doesn't "hurt" on the mass-air cars, because the MAF sensor directly measures the mass air flow into the engine (using a temperature sensor internal to the MAF). The IAT sensor in these cars is used only to provide (and this is speculation) a small spark timing advance adjustement..... cold air can run more advance than hot air.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
    X