No announcement yet.

Tire question for Wolfman (the expert)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire question for Wolfman (the expert)

Here in a couple of weeks I'm going to be in the market for some new tread. So, the question is: What set would you recommend me get for around $900? I'm looking for best wet/dry traction (since it's my daily driver), and tread life isn't much of an issue.

TIA
    '95 White Z28 M6 Cold air intake with K&N air filter, air foil, flowmaster cat-back, eaton posi, motive 4.10s, aluminum driveshaft, "skip shift" eliminator, '97 Z28 chrome wheels, hypertech programmed

Originally posted by Aaron4TAMU
    Here in a couple of weeks I'm going to be in the market for some new tread. So, the question is: What set would you recommend me get for around $900? I'm looking for best wet/dry traction (since it's my daily driver), and tread life isn't much of an issue.

TIA
    what size?

remember.. "wet vs dry" is a trade off. so you want something that gives the best possible of both worlds, correct? cause you cant have both.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
      so you want something that gives the best possible of both worlds, correct?
      Yes, that's right....maybe even give a little more priotity to the dry traction. As for the size, I want to go the widest possible without any issues of rubbing. The rims are the chrome '97 style. Thanks, and glad to hear everything is ok with Reno.
      '95 White Z28 M6 Cold air intake with K&N air filter, air foil, flowmaster cat-back, eaton posi, motive 4.10s, aluminum driveshaft, "skip shift" eliminator, '97 Z28 chrome wheels, hypertech programmed

Comment

bumpiddybump

Comment

The size that are on there right now are 245/50/16. Like I've read before, you can't really go any higher with my wheels and still have a large selection of tires to choose from. I have been looking at the Potenza RE750s. Any thought on these?

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron4TAMU
            The size that are on there right now are 245/50/16. Like I've read before, you can't really go any higher with my wheels and still have a large selection of tires to choose from. I have been looking at the Potenza RE750s. Any thought on these?
            well..the B 750 p's are good..but kind of outdated in technology...

go with 255/50R16 BF goodrich kdw's..the new one. they still meet rim specs, only .5" wider rim requirement... you'll be most happy!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
              go with 255/50R16 BF goodrich kdw's..the new one. they still meet rim specs, only .5" wider rim requirement... you'll be most happy!
              I looked for them and from what I found off their site, they don't offer them in that size. And when you say the new one...do you mean the tread pattern? (I guess you are referring to the ones that have no straight lines in the tread pattern)

Comment

Is there something I'm missing?

Comment

Working...
                X