lt1 going crazy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lt1 going crazy

hey i got a real problem boys my 97 lt1 is not responding well to acceleration form a stop and some times on the highway. it all started when i was on the highway and i steped on it the trans down shifted into 3rd then when i hit 4th it started sputtering like cutting in and cutting out. as soon as i could i pulled it off the highway and stoped when i was stoped i steped on the gas to see what was going on and it almost stalled but then it cought itself and reved up but black smoke came out the exaust real bad. the air fuel gauge was pegged at rich. i messed with it a couple of times thinking it got floded out or something. i know its fuel injected but it could happen. but then one time it stalled so i tried starting it back up and it was cranking cranking ect you know what i mean then it finally started just barley it was stumbling the hole way so i shut it off agin to see if it would do the same thing but it started up fine like nothing happened. well i was gonna drive it a little to see if it would do it agin and it did. same exact thing.. has anyone ever herd of something like this if so can you help me thanks
    97 30 anniversary lt1 swaped into a 95 s-10, headman headders, highflow cats, dynomax ultra flow mufflers, getto rig intake haha http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/655505

I don't know too much on the LT-1's but it could be a computer problem...Black smoke does mean its running rich, so MAYBE you comp. is dumping too much fuel in there. But you should get it scanned or wait for help from someone who is a little more mechanically inclined then me. good luck with it
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Working...
    X