Zeta??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeta??

I hear the new camaros will be based on this platform, along with the GTO...But what is it? I've never heard of it.
    2006 Saturn Ion Redline
    2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

From what remember hearing about the Zeta platform, it's kind of like a building block platform which will allow many different vehicles to be based on it. It will have the ability to go FWD, RWD, or AWD, it can easily be lengthened or shortened to fit the need, etc... The advantage of a platform like this is obvious.... cost savings. Instead of designing all new platforms for individual cars, like the f-body, y-body, etc, they can just easily alter an existing platfrom to fit the vehicle.

As I said, I don't remember everything that I've heard anymore, I'm sure somebody can fill in the missing pieces.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

you hit it pretty much on the head there. The zeta platform is everything already said and a platform which will have each car look and perform differently but aspects of them which do not effect the two will be the same, so basically the basic frame work, some of it will change but mostly it will be the same. and yes the gto and camaro are slated to come off that platform, as well as quite a few other cars. buick is introducing a car to compete with bmws and such. this will also be on that platform.
      ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

Comment

Oh ok, i was thinking it was the name of a car. So is the GTO gonna be redesigned? Is it gonna be the sister car to the camaro?
        2006 Saturn Ion Redline
        2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
          Oh ok, i was thinking it was the name of a car. So is the GTO gonna be redesigned? Is it gonna be the sister car to the camaro?
          I'd guess yes to both of those questions.
          Dave M
          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
          X