Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LT1 Scanmaster...what do you guys think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT1 Scanmaster...what do you guys think?

What are your guys' thoughts on the LT1 Scanmaster? Those of you that have it do you find that it is a useful tool? I was thinking about picking one up for my '95 LT1 but I don't know if it's something I would need or not.

I have a scanmaster, although it is for my Buick Gn. I love it except for one thing.... You can only observe one parameter at a time. It is a quality unit, I've had it for a years with no problems. Very useful.

Comment

Excellent tool.

I think most of the stuff I learned about how the LT1 PCM works, I learned by watching my ScanMaster. I have an online 25+ page document showing what it can do and how to interpret the data. Take a look.

ScanMaster Writeup

You might also consider some data logging software.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I have one also...it has saved me from going to the dealer a couple of times when I threw the SES light.....press a button and the codes are there.....

....and Freds write-up is top notch for sure....very useful in defining what each parameter is telling you.
        95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

thanks for all the feedback guys. Fred that is quite a write up on the Scanmaster and scanner readings, very descriptive and complete. I think it answers any other question I could ask. I'm gonna be picking one of those things up from tbyrne pretty soon, I'm saving for the SLP ram air hood and air box right now . Thanks again.

Comment

by the way, i was wondering if anyone had some cool ideas on where to mount a Scanmaster. I'm wondering where to put it in my '95 Z28. It's an A4 so it's got an automatic center console. Also, my car came with the factory delco bose cd player but it has a cassette holder underneath the cd player unit. Now why GM did that I don't know but what I wanna know is would it be possible to somehow stick the Scanmaster on the roof of the cassette holder? Or is the Scanmaster too big? Has anyone ever put their Scanmaster there or have any suggestions on where I should mount mine?

Comment

There are two online guides for mounting it....

Kelly Drown at Project TransAM had his in the dash, above the instrument cluster, but under the "brow" of his T/A dash.

Brent Franker put his in the A/C vent of his Z28.

Project TransAM

Brent Franker's site

I just Velcro'd mine to the top of the steering column:

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I use Ram mounts. http://www.ram-mount.com/ I have a radar detector on one and a Ham radio on the other. I love them. They look very professional neat and clean. I drilled a hole in the dash and used those spreading anchors like what you use on mounting stuff to dry wall (not the spring loaded things).

BTW Can someone explain why GM put a cassette rack in a car with a CD player? Mine is the same way. Oh and the cup holder is useless in the 95 Camaro console too especially if you have a 6spd. To the guy asking about what year car to get, at least in 97 they put a (single because the other one is in the same place) usable cup holder in it.
                2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
                X