Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 Engine Swap

Hey F-body.com members,

I know this is the BEST site to come for advice on F-body mods. I've got any odd mod in mind that I hope some of you more knowledgable peeps can help me with. I currently own an 88 V6 that is severely lacking in power. I've got an LS1/LT1 swap in mind but am concerned about a few things: 1) What frame and engine bay mods need to be made to accomodate the new engine? 2) Since the engine will be in an awkward place, will that **** up the steering/suspension geometry, requiring futher mods? Will the car handle differently or abnormally or cause weird tire wear?

If any of you can off any advice, I'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks!

Paul S.
    Seneca, SC

Paul, Censor youself so that moderators don't have to do it for you. It's in the rules and regulations.

Since the factory made both V8 and V6 cars, your swap will work just fine. You will need all the associated hardware like engine mounts,accessories, front springs, transmission, crossmember and a wiring harness. The spring will take care of the front suspension. you may wish to upgrade shocks and sway bars as well. Your main problem will be the use of headers if that is your goal. Headers for LT-1s will need a little modification to work in a 3rd gen engine bay.

Comment

Engine swap

If you can get the September 04 Hot rod mag. In it shows Roy & Stacey Fenders LS1 swap.Or go to there web site www.fbodymotorsports.com any
      thing you need to know is there. Hope this helps Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
      X