Quick question before i put my thermostat back in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question before i put my thermostat back in

Finaly just about done with the water pump. but i got a quick question about the thermostat, since my dad kept teling me that i need one of those oval shaped gaskets but since there wasnt one when i took out the old one off the old water pump im asuming the only thing you need is the black o ring ??
    just wana make sure i do it right, thanks in advance.
    -Nick-
    95 A4 Z28

Originally posted by 95z28
    Finaly just about done with the water pump. but i got a quick question about the thermostat, since my dad kept teling me that i need one of those oval shaped gaskets but since there wasnt one when i took out the old one off the old water pump im asuming the only thing you need is the black o ring ??
    just wana make sure i do it right, thanks in advance.

Yup...just use the black o-ring. Make sure you install it the right way. If using a new thermostat, it must be specifically designed for the LT1 to work with the reverse flow cooling. Otherwise, you're in for trouble
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

yea i got the right one . . . stupid reverse flow thanks
      -Nick-
      95 A4 Z28

Comment

Working...
      X