Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASCD Big Block Stinger hood for Trans Am's??? Pics? Quality?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASCD Big Block Stinger hood for Trans Am's??? Pics? Quality?

Well, after having the hood stolen and all with it, it looks like insurance may leave me hanging. Long story but they'll possibly just cut me a cheque and leave it to me to buy a hood. While looking at other hoods, I stumbled upon this one. I think it looks cool, old Vette style. And maybe the thieves will pass by this one. Anyway, it's an ASCD Big Block hood but the one pic they show isn't great and I was hoping someone else had one too? If so, could you show me a pic of it on your TA?

As for the company itself, are ASCD hoods of good quality? I've heard so many bad things about a "competitors" hood quality, and don't want the same thing to happen to me. Thanks

Cheers,
    Steve
    SOLD: 1993 M6 Trans Am, black with ZR1 rims, Borla cat-back, Random Tech cat, SLP headers and Y, Morosso CAI

ASCD Hoods

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Not for Firebird

I didn't see a big block hood for Firebird. They have a cowl induction hood though.

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Actually, there is one for a TA...

Thanks for the pic Looks awesome! Just a question though: is the nostril functional? And if so, did the hood come with a mesh insert? Last thing: how was the quality of the hood? Did the fiberglass need a lot of prep before paint??? Thanks again.

Cheers,
        Steve
        SOLD: 1993 M6 Trans Am, black with ZR1 rims, Borla cat-back, Random Tech cat, SLP headers and Y, Morosso CAI

Comment

Working...
        X