An update on my starting/bogging issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An update on my starting/bogging issues

Decided to finally install the Walbro fuel pump in via the trap door method with my dad over the weekend. After installing the new pump...the car started perfectly fine...not like before where it would crank and crank. That problem is addressed. The car also accelerated a lot smoother.

But...after the car heated up...it started bogging again when I give it some gas so the fuel pump was the starting issue...but unrelated to the bogging issue.

After the car heats up it, when I give it some gas the thing starts bogging, then stops bogging and gets back on eventually if I let off the throttle a little. If I baby foot the gas it doesn't seem to bog. Could I be looking at an electronic issue instead of fuel related?
    1994 Formula
    3.23's
    Moroso Cold Air Intake
    G2 High Flow MAF
    Flowmaster Exhaust w/ High-Flo Cat
    1LE Intake Elbow
    Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors
    NGK TR55's, Accel High Performance Coil, Accel Extreme Wires

Originally posted by FormulaSlickG94
    Decided to finally install the Walbro fuel pump in via the trap door method with my dad over the weekend. After installing the new pump...the car started perfectly fine...not like before where it would crank and crank. That problem is addressed. The car also accelerated a lot smoother.

But...after the car heated up...it started bogging again when I give it some gas so the fuel pump was the starting issue...but unrelated to the bogging issue.

After the car heats up it, when I give it some gas the thing starts bogging, then stops bogging and gets back on eventually if I let off the throttle a little. If I baby foot the gas it doesn't seem to bog. Could I be looking at an electronic issue instead of fuel related?
    Is the throttle body clean? Try removing it and taking it apart and de-gunking it really well. I once had dirt in the Idle Air portion of the TB cause bogging when coming off idle.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I've been having the EXACT same problem. Fine when cold, bogs down for a second before picking up once the car starts to warm up.

What are your fuel trims doing?? I'll let you know that I've diagnosed EVERYTHING, except the fuel injectors for balance/mechanical issues other than leaking, and haven't fixed it.
      Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Thanks for the responses...

I actually had 8 new fuel injectors put in because of leaking about 6k ago and that wasn't the problem either. The opti only has 20,000 miles on it, the plugs/wires/and coil only have about 7k or so on 'em. Could I have fried the opti already again?

Haven't tried O2 sensor, Throttle Position sensor, Fuel Pressure regulator yet..those on the list
        1994 Formula
        3.23's
        Moroso Cold Air Intake
        G2 High Flow MAF
        Flowmaster Exhaust w/ High-Flo Cat
        1LE Intake Elbow
        Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors
        NGK TR55's, Accel High Performance Coil, Accel Extreme Wires

Comment

Originally posted by FormulaSlickG94
          Thanks for the responses...

I actually had 8 new fuel injectors put in because of leaking about 6k ago and that wasn't the problem either. The opti only has 20,000 miles on it, the plugs/wires/and coil only have about 7k or so on 'em. Could I have fried the opti already again?

Haven't tried O2 sensor, Throttle Position sensor, Fuel Pressure regulator yet..those on the list
          Been there done that.

Opti, good
          Coil/Ignition, good
          TPS, good
          IAT, good
          Coolant Temp Sensor, good
          O2's, good
          Plugs, good
          Wires, good
          ICM, good (spaced or not spaced, made no difference)
          Computer, good
          Tuning, made no difference
          FPR/AFPR, good
          New Shortblock, problem is still there

It's a mystery.
          Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom

93 F-Body Service Manual DTC and Driveability Charts

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
            Is the throttle body clean? Try removing it and taking it apart and de-gunking it really well. I once had dirt in the Idle Air portion of the TB cause bogging when coming off idle.
            Has anyone with this problem tried removing the Idle Air Solenoid and cleaning up the passages behind it with the throttle body apart? I had a bad stumble in a 1995 Z I used to own, and cleaning that up got rid of it completely.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
            X