Coolant problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant problems

I finaly got the z runing ( silly me put the spark plug wires on in the wrong order ). so i take it for a quick spin to see if every thing is ok i drove about 6 or 7 miles around where i live, come home all looks fine temp reading is right around normal, no coolant light or any thing. so i shut it off and pop the hood, and its got all the symptoms of overheating excep the temp on the car is normal. there was steam coming from the cap and you could hear the gurgles n every now n then it would spit some coolant out. could there just be air in the system ?? or is it more serious.
    -Nick-
    95 A4 Z28

you changed the water pump right? Did you bleed the air from the system? Make sure the cap is free of anything that might be keeping it from sealing correctly and make sure it's on tight. If that doesn't work you may just need a new cap. Might be worth the investment anyway. I doubt the car was overheating since the temp gauge was registering normal. If the steam and coolant was only coming from the cap area, it's a cap problem somehow... either the cap needs replaced or it's not on properly.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

You must bleed the air out of the system to prevent what you're seeing.

Comment

yea thats what dad told me when i called him up, back to the garage i go.
        -Nick-
        95 A4 Z28

Comment

Working...
        X