Just drove a Viper....i wasn't impressed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heh

if i could have one car.. hmm it def would not be a viper thats for sure . i think id have a 68 camaro with a 572 blown and a 2 spd powerglide.

Comment

The funniest thing is when an older guy (early to mid 50's?) tried racing us in his 5.0 fox body mustang. He just couldn't catch us no matter what. Finally he caught up to us due to traffic and said something along the lines of "Fast huh!?" meaning his car. You get all of the stupid comments from kids that are make believe thugs. They never fail to give a comment in a language that barely resembles English- example: "That's a mad hot ride yo!" or the classic "Awe snap!". It is a beast but it just wasn't what i expected of it. My dad disproved any rumors of bad handling to me. We've decimated several ZO6's together (that was painful for me to watch ). My favorite is without a doubt smoking twin turbo Porsche's. The expression on the drivers face after you've wasted them is priceless.
      Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
      SOLD- Kinda miss it
      94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
      SOLD- Good riddance!
      2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
        My favorite is without a doubt smoking twin turbo Porsche's. The expression on the drivers face after you've wasted them is priceless.
        You dont think that the Viper is that fast but you are killing Twin Turbo Porshe's. I wish my car was as unimpressive as that and could take TT 911's
        97 SS #C007
        Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
        SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

It's fast as hell but i mean.....ok, my dad kept going, "FLOOR IT, FLOOR IT, FLOOR IT!" to which i happily obliged. I thought it was gonna pull out of my hands or at least be hard to control and i figured i'd have to hit the brake or something. I had total control the entire time though. That just struck me as odd. (P.S. I DESPISE Porsche)
          Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
          SOLD- Kinda miss it
          SOLD- Good riddance!
          2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

theres no replacement for displacement, thats what the vipers got on the lambo and porshe
            2001 Camaro SS, ATI P1-SC Procharger 7 psi pulley (for now muah ha ha), MAC headers, MAC off road Y-Pipe, MAC "Cat Back", K&N, Richmond Racing 3.73's, Hypertech Power Programmer III custom programmed for Procharger, Subframe Connectors, Z06 rims (17x9.5, 18x10.5) BFG G-Force 315/30/18's. Panasonic In-Dash TV/CD/DVD player, 2 10" Audiobahn Subs in custom box, Audiofonics 800 watt amp. Dyno soon to come (and track times too)
            "No Ryan, my car cannot whistle any OTHER songs"

Comment

There is a replacement for displacement, it's called technology

This has been proven time and time again.
              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28

200 grand more for a tenth of a second....i'll take displacement
                2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28

Thats true, but only to a certain extent. Just look at the current LS6 engine; it's still a single cam, pushrod V8, just like back in the old days, yet, people criticize the design for not having changed to a more modern DOHV type engine. Although OHC came before pushrod technology, it is still considered "new," and "modern." Moreover, the HP and TQ numbers of the LS6 engine are by far superior to any comparable engine using newer technology, not to mention outstanding durability, and efficiency.
                  1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

I'll stick with my LT1. The thought of compressed air and gas constantly being ignited inside of an aluminum block just doesn't sit right with me.
                    SOLD- Kinda miss it
                    SOLD- Good riddance!

Comment

replacement for displacement? I think not, TT 911=technologically advanced car=not as fast as 500 cu in. Viper. But to a certain extent like AmericanZ28 said, of course you have your exceptions with extremely modified techno-cars, but still no replacement for displacement (they might be a little faster with all the technology but then the displacement has the advantage of being cheaper) a viper being able to keep up with tripple digit cost cars.
                      2001 Camaro SS, ATI P1-SC Procharger 7 psi pulley (for now muah ha ha), MAC headers, MAC off road Y-Pipe, MAC "Cat Back", K&N, Richmond Racing 3.73's, Hypertech Power Programmer III custom programmed for Procharger, Subframe Connectors, Z06 rims (17x9.5, 18x10.5) BFG G-Force 315/30/18's. Panasonic In-Dash TV/CD/DVD player, 2 10" Audiobahn Subs in custom box, Audiofonics 800 watt amp. Dyno soon to come (and track times too)
                      "No Ryan, my car cannot whistle any OTHER songs"

Comment

I'll stick with my LT1. The thought of compressed air and gas constantly being ignited inside of an aluminum block just doesn't sit right with me.
                        Well, you got a pair of aluminum heads holding it all in your iron block!

Comment

How about the Porsche Carrera GT. It is rated at 612 hp and only weighs a hair over 3000.

And the best part is.............it will only cost you about $440,000.

http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/carrera_gt.asp

Comment

Hahaha what a waste of money. We could just get the Hennessey kit for the Viper. Allegedly there's a way to make it push out 800 horsepower with a twin turbo kit or something.
                            SOLD- Kinda miss it
                            SOLD- Good riddance!

Comment

Hahaha what a waste of money. We could just get the Hennessey kit for the Viper. Allegedly there's a way to make it push out 800 horsepower with a twin turbo kit or something.
                              I hear that viper is the only street legal 9 sec car.

P.S. it still has air conditioning.
                              2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                              2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                                I hear that viper is the only street legal 9 sec car.

P.S. it still has air conditioning.
                                The only street legal 9 sec car???????

What do you mean?

Comment

Working...
                                X