lca relocation bracket ?s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lca relocation bracket ?s

So i ordered the lca relocation brackets , and so... what holes will i use to put my new lca's through? there are 2 that you can use, what arethe pros/cons of the higher or lower ones? the car is lowered if that makes a difference. Also, i have new lca's, and i opted for the poly/rubber combo, so what side will the rubber go on, the body side, not the bracket side right? One last question, the instructions say to lube the bushings, so what kind of lubricant should i use? Thanks!
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
    Traded in: 1998 Z28
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

I have these LCA brackets as well, I have the SLP Level 1 suspension which included Eibach springs which lower the car slightly. I installed the LCA's in the upper holes which made them slightly angled up toward the body side mount. I beleive you can have too much angle, but if you have actual "lowering" springs, you may need to go with the lower hole just to get the LCA's parallel to the ground. You'll have to look at the angle when you install them.

For grease, make sure you use synthetic and put plenty of it in the poly bushings before you tighten things down, and when you torque them, make sure the weight of the car is on the axle to bring the body down to ride hight.

Not sure off hand which side the rubber mount would go....

Stew
    95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

well it looks to me, from other pictures i have seen, the side with the grease bearing ball thingys. (like my technical term ) would be on the bracket side, well the new bracket side. Am i correct with my assumption?

Comment

Knowing how well using the LOWER LCA relo bracket hole helped traction on my STOCK ride height car, I would just assume you need to go to the lowest hole with a lowered car.

Put the rubber bushing on the body end, poly on the axle end. Lube the poly with the Energy Suspension (ES) poly bushing grease - this stuff is excellent. They sell it in little yellow "tubs", try any local shop that sells the ES poly bushings.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

The ES lube is an excellent lube, it is what we use and recommend with poly bushings.

As for the relocation brackets, we recommend lower cars to be set on the lowest hole for traction issues. The second hole is a great setting for stock height cars looking for a traction upgrade. The LCA is to sit parallel with ground or angled slighty downward towards the rear of the car. The lowest hole on a car lowered approx. 1.5" will let the LCA seat slightly downward.

Hope that helps.
          Ryan
          Ryan
          Owner of-
          UMI Performance Inc-
          Manufacture of:
          F-body Chassis & Suspension Upgrades

sales@umiperformance.com

www.umiperformance.com

Comment

I put them in on sunday, thanks for all the help! What a difference in traction!

Comment

Good to hear

Ryan
              Ryan
              Owner of-
              UMI Performance Inc-
              Manufacture of:
              F-body Chassis & Suspension Upgrades

sales@umiperformance.com