NFB: Toyota charging questions... and others

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Toyota charging questions... and others

My daily driver is a 91 Toyota Camry with a 2.0L 4cyl. It has 225,000 miles. A few thousand miles ago my altenator went out on me, and I replaced it with a rebuilt unit from pep Boys. It's been running fine since then until recently. Occasionally, not every time, when I start it up the "Brake (!)" light, the "Check Engine" light, and the "Lights" light will come on after start up. This is what it did when my old alt was going out. The sensors for these lights don't see the proper 12v signal and causes the lights to go on. If I give it some gas to raise the revs, they will go out.

While I'm driving they will, sometimes, flash very quickly. Almost imperceptibally, then stop flashing, for no reason. I've had no starting problems and no other problems to speak of. Could I have a short somewhere, or is it just likely I've got a bum altenator? Any hints as to why it's started doing this woulod be appreciated.

Also, does anyone know any good online sources for Toyota parts like we have with gmpartsdirect.com? I've found a few places with body parts and your major mechanical parts but I'm looking for an online resource that has everything. Plus an online parts # lookup would be great too! Anyone know?

Thanks!
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Working...
X