Advice needed (desperately), please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed (desperately), please.

I had to disconnect the EGR tube from the top of the intake manifold on my 1998 Trans Am.

Is there supposed to be a grommet there into which the tube fits when it is replaced?
    R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

I don't see anything like that listed in the parts book.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

It's an LS1, not an LT-1.

Rob, your tech manual is for an LT-1. 1998+ Trans Ams have LS1s. Do you have anything on that?
      R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger in Kensington
        Rob, your tech manual is for an LT-1. 1998+ Trans Ams have LS1s. Do you have anything on that?
        Yeah, bud. I looked in the parts book diagram. It covers 1993-2002.
        Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Thanks, Rob. Sorry to bother you again, but does your tech manual show a gasket between the manifold and the tube's hold-down flange? If so, do you have a part number?
          R.i.K.

Comment

No gasket on the intake end-just the flange, bolts and pipe. There is a gasket shown on the exhaust manifold end and there is a gasket on the EGR valve, itself.

Comment

Working...
            X