sick of driving with no music

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sick of driving with no music

ok when i picked up my camaro last month the radio worked great... (actually turned on) i was messin with some of the buttons the day after i got it and the next day i went to turn it on and it didnt turn on. its been about a month and im still quite puzzled. its the stock delco radio/cd player. im thinking i might have hit a sequence of buttons that engaged some sort of anti theft thing for the unit. well i took it out and tried to see if there was a bad ground or something- nada. i went and got another deck harness etc for it. i wired everything up right and the new deck didnt recieve any power. so i returned that deck and put the stock deck back in but still no power. im sick of driving with no music someone please suggest something.

-chris

I know this sounds stupid, but have you checked the fuses? You could hardwire a new line from the fuse box going directly to the stereo, since there is a problem with the current wiring. You could, this not really recommended, but tap into another power source (hot lead) and run that to your stereo but make sure you use an inline fuse right after the tap. Example, tap into the cigarrette lighter line. I've done this to run accessories, since I have two outlets in mine, one lighter, one accessory. The lighter in mine, or where it used to be now is a spot where i've ran my cell phone charger.
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
    Traded in: 1998 Z28
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

hmm

yea that was the 1st thing i checked was the fuses. actually on the same note the lights on the rear view mirror are off as well. idk i actualy need to buy a multimeter an check some stuff. id like to just use the hot leads from the origional harness. i mean if it comes to that i will tap another power source but until then i still would rather try to reuse the harness thats in there or try something else.

Comment

that would be the best bet, get a cheap multimeter and test it yourself. I know when i had problems with one of my amps, i just brought it into circuit city and asked if one of the install guys could test it out real quick. He did, and i found the problem and I gave him 10 bucks for his time. You might want to try that, depending on price of multimeters, always a nice tool to have, but pull the radio out, having the harness and what not ready to be tested.
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
        Traded in: 1998 Z28
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

The radio, interior lights are both on the same fuse. Check it again.

The radio and power windows are powered through the RAP (Retained Accessory Power) module. Perhaps that is faulty. See info on Shoebox's site for location, etc.:

http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech1.html
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

looked at page

i looked at injuneers page, i just got the z running again after i replaced the msd box but now i have the stereo problem. im going to look at the rap box tommorow... how do u tell if its faulty or not?

-chris

Comment

Working...
            X